It’s quite unique to be with the same company for as long as Rachel Quam has, but she embraced her work anniversary by resurfacing her biggest learnings.
- You can go anywhere from here – that was the ad campaign at South Dakota State University while I was working on my electrical engineering degree. 20 years ago, I could not have imagined visiting all the places Cat has sent me including China, Thailand, Dubai, coal mines, underground mines, road construction sites, and quarries to name a few.
- Just say YES! Saying yes can open the door to amazing opportunities. You will never feel 100% prepared but take the leap. Saying yes can open doors you never thought possible.
- Never stop learning. I still learn something new every single day. It can be anything from technical details on a machine, how to run a specific report, who the expert is on a given topic, or even learning personal details about fellow employees
- Diversity is a beautiful thing. Different voices working together can solve challenges and bring truly revolutionary solutions to a project. The most successful teams thrive on diversity of thought.
- Your career is not meant to be a straight line. Embrace the journey. I firmly believe I’ve always landed in the right roles with the right people at the right time for reasons I didn’t always understand throughout my career.
- It is all about people and the connections you make. From customers to dealers to suppliers to colleagues…people are key. This company and industry are full of some of the best! I am so grateful for the friends I have made along the way.
Whether it’s 20 years or an internship, at Caterpillar your work matters. Are you ready to join the team?