Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
The position of Electrification Procurement Project Manager will be the leader and key facilitator for EXD global electrification category strategy development, solutions of supplier selection on part number level, cost modeling activities that support the cost strategy and managing electrification component procurement cost (TCOS) to achieve cost target while optimizing value, market expertise on global electrification industrial area and project management to meet machine NPI requirements and deliver results through various cross function teams to interface with suppliers, design engineering teams, NPI manager, supply chain and Procurement to ensure early supplier collaboration, TCOS analysis, Contracts Management, AGG Assessment and supplier selection documentation adherence to APQP & NPI process and requirements. Managing and maintain strong supplier relationships, monitoring suppliers’ risk on AoS, quality and cost, problem solving related activities, provides purchasing solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value and continuously improving the process with various tools and skills. This role requires advanced collaboration, communication, and negotiation skills, as well as advanced business acumen to lead and support procurement initiatives and deployments.
What You Will Do:
- Support supervisor and manager to develop, implement and execute the EXD global electrification category strategy, maintaining and updating the global electrification supply base and sourcing matrix with the alignment on corporate ECS strategy that will create a competitive advantage for our customers by optimizing and integrating a world-class supply network.
- Lead and facilitate the components development and supplier selection solutions of EXD global electrification components and make them into documentation.
- Process owner of electrification category CPPD (Collaborative Product and Process Development) process and continuously improving the whole value chains.
- Providing leadership for the NPI activities within procurement, including supplier selection taken from the category strategies and resource management decisions.
- Monitoring and reporting electrification category NPI progress, holding NPI & design teams accountable for meeting quality and timeliness of machine NPI requirements, and to assist the product group in managing procurement related capital.
- Lead the electrification components market researching and assessing on existing and potential suppliers and provide the consultant.
- Driving Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VAVE) through TCOS analysis, cost modeling, design for manufacturability, and leveraging suppliers’ capabilities to achieve the optimized cost benefits to customers.
- Facilitate QCLDM audit, contracts management and AGG assessment…etc. NPI related activities and work closely with procurement NPI team and site purchasing team to create a supply chain for a new supplier.
- Be collaborative with corporate business partners and aligned the strategies and directions.
- Documenting the suppliers' performance on time sensitiveness and production; maintains a strong relationship with suppliers.
- Managing Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Cost management related activities from concept design to PPAP approval to deliver results with right part right time and quality with zero defect.
- Other specific jobs assigned by supervisor and manager.
What You Have:
- The position requires a technical, manufacturing, or commercial background.
- Procurement and engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of a specific procurement process, manufacturing process and engineering process is required.
- This individual needs to have a good understanding and knowledge of advanced electronics, electrics, and new energy technologies
- Project management or related experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills are required to deal with sensitive issues, coach or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Global travel will be required, potentially up to 25% of the time.
- Chinese and English dual languages are minimum required
Top candidates will have:
Electrification related experience and products knowledge
Good understanding and knowledge of electrification market.
Strong leadership potentials though this is an individual contributor role
Excellent negotiation skills, fast learning capability, be comfortable working with global teams and suppliers in a fast pace
Japanese language capability
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community .