JOB PURPOSE: This position will work in Caterpillar China (Wuxi) R&D Center Electrification + Advanced Power Solution Division China team, electrification is one of Caterpillar’s strategic technologies, and Caterpillar is accelerating electrification solution development in construction machinery, mining equipment and energy & transportation business. The electric drive team in Caterpillar Wuxi R&D center is part of Caterpillar global electrification team and responsible for electric drive system architecture development, system integration, motor and power electronics components design and charging solution development.
- Bachelor's degree or above, majoring in Electrical /Electronics/Mechatronics engineering or other equivalent ones
- 3+ years’ work experience in NEV power electronics components design or in relate field
- Familiar with high-voltage power supply structure and topology, have experience in hardware design, Such as Inverter, DC-DC/DC-AC, power supply etc.
- Skilled at using test equipment, strong technical issue fix capability
- Familiar with manufacture process in power electronics related field.
- Good communication and project management skills
- Good English skills and team player, Interested in new technology and self-motivated
- Experience in NEV related power electronics components development is preferred
The job will be related with following but not limited to
- This position will work on inverter development used on Caterpillar electric drive machinery
- Work with system engineer and machine technical lead to define component requirements
- Specification development, components selection and schematic design, PCB design, hardware prototype testing and debug
- Lead DFMEA, design review
- Develop lab testing and on machine validation plan
- Technical documentation development, drawing release
- NPI issue resolution
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .