Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your work shapes the world
Whether it be ground breaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
This position is for a Goodwill Analyst/Project Coordinator within the Mining division, working with the dealers and product support teams to process goodwill requests (50%) and supporting projects and growth initiatives (50%).
This role is part of the Resource Industries Sales, Services and Technology division in Europe, Africa-Middle East, and CIS (EAME) region.
The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing and approving goodwill claims according to company guidelines and philosophy, and in compliance with all applicable standards and regulations.
In addition, this position will provide project coordination, and create reports and analysis to support the growth of the Mining business in EAME.
What you will do
- Reviews dealer submitted goodwill claims with the associated Field Recommendation as found in the Goodwill Communications System, establishes facts, and approves individual goodwill claim payments within the goodwill guidelines and philosophy
- Communicates claims denial action to dealers through goodwill administration system &/or tech reps. Reviews all communications from Industry & Product Groups that may impact goodwill administration. As required, takes appropriate steps to align goodwill claim positions.
- Processes goodwill claims in timely fashion and within required accuracy levels. Passes compliance audits in accordance with Corporate Tax and Trade regulations and SOx standards. Checks claims for accuracy and completeness, accumulates additional facts, reviews mechanically assigned product information, corrects necessary information, and communicates action to field force and/or dealers.
- Become the expert in goodwill guidelines/philosophy and the Goodwill Communications Process. Be able to provide training as required for Reps, Managers and dealers within assigned area.
- Coordinates with Service Claims help desk for assistance in resolving issues on the claims system. Coordinates with MSCRM System (system used for goodwill dealer requests & field rep recommendations). Serves as coordinator for assistance in resolving issues on the Goodwill Communication Tool.
- Creates monthly reports on goodwill claim volume
- Leads and/or supports projects and other initiatives in the EAME territory.
- Assists with planning, analysis and reporting.
- Minimal travel required (~5% of working time).
What you will have
- Good understanding of mining products and associated applications. In-depth knowledge of goodwill guidelines, philosophy and processes, which can be acquired on the job
- Possesses technical understanding and business acumen to assess validity of goodwill claims
- Attention to detail, analytical skills and communication skills to work collaboratively within the company and with dealers
- Project management skills
- University degree (preferably Engineering/Technical background) or equivalent experience. Five years of working experience in a technical role, product support or service operations.
- Fluent in English.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Caterpillar is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit https://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers/why-caterpillar.html
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .