Career Area:Environmental Health and Safety
Job Title: EHS Manager (LPSD)
- Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- The position is located in Hodges, SC.
- The CAT Hodges facility is a foundry.
- To be considered for this role, please apply by 1/31/2023 at 11:59pm.
Caterpillar Company Info:
Our common values and focus on inclusion and respect drive the decisions made by our company, teams, and people. Which is why we are committed to hiring and building diverse teams’ representative of the customers we serve globally. Here, you can apply your unique life and job experiences, and work in a team environment where your ideas are heard, your contributions are celebrated, and your whole-self matters.
The EHS Manager in Hodges provides leadership, mentoring, and direction to hourly, salaried and management personnel to insure employee health and the environment are protected. The incumbent will conduct and supervise activities that ensure compliance with governmental regulations (OSHA, EPA, DOT) and corporate policies. Due to the facility size, the incumbent will be responsible for all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) activities. The EHS Manager will supervise up to 5 direct reports.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The incumbent needs to coach and facilitate the development of the work group to develop collaborative relationships among themselves, suppliers, other cross functional groups and internal customers to ensure goals are achieved.
- Incumbent needs a breadth of knowledge and experience including EHS regulations, programs, and policies.
- Assists operations management in understanding related EHS requirements and their impact on operations.
- Evaluates the impact of impending regulations and communicates these issues to appropriate facility personnel.
- Utilizes and modifies the corporations “best management practice” programs and plans to fit the needs of the facility.
EHS Manager Activities (may change based on facility needs):
- Identifies common safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the organizations operations and establishes guidelines for protection from those hazards.
- Investigates and implements new pollution control technologies.
- Prepares or reviews EHS training materials for the facility.
- Investigates and establishes standards for protective equipment.
- Audits safety/health/environmental programs for compliance with company standards, government regulations, and adequacy relative to local conditions.
- Monitors periodic performance reports for trends and conditions and alerts line management to problems.
- Generating and/or reviewing of reports for environmental (EPA) and safety (OSHA) agencies.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in EHS discipline
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible EHS experience is highly desired
- Or 10 years of progressively responsible EHS experience can replace education requirements.
- A strong understanding of EHS regulations and corporate standards is essential.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, PowerBI)
- Previous leadership experience
- Previous risk analysis experience
Employee Benefits (available Day 1):
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401k savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers .
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .