It's Your Career. Make it Matter.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships, or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, and meeting the energy demand—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.
Internship Program Details:
During the Corporate Accounting Internship Program, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job experience and contribute to real-world projects in one or more of the following areas including Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Tax Accounting, Global Tax, Financial Systems, Auditing, and Research & Development Accounting. As an accounting intern, you will perform the same tasks as our entry-level accountants including budgeting, forecasting, monthly reporting, tax compliance, analysis, and other special projects.
Summer 2023: 5/15/2023 - 8/04/2023
This is a 40-hour-per-week assignment, Monday through Friday, lasting 12 weeks in the summer.
Applicants will be considered for both virtual/remote and on-site work at participating facilities throughout the U.S. (assignment is based on specific job role requirements). Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience:
• Comprehensive internship orientation
• Travel Reimbursement
• Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
• Product Demonstrations
• Various social events
• Networking with leadership
• Intern round table discussions
• Business skill building
• Career discussion with leaders and experts
• Paid holidays
• And more!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts to your application.
Applicants will be considered for positions throughout the United States.
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come to work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play in our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services, and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
* Must be enrolled full-time at a 4-year accredited university/college in an Accounting degree program
* Minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA (both Accounting GPA & Cumulative GPA)
* 12 completed semester hours at a 4-year university before the start of the internship
* If a transfer student must have 12 semester hours completed at a 4-year university
* Must be able to relocate to Peoria, IL area or indicated work location for the duration of the internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Previous accounting internship and/or relevant work experience
* Completed Intermediate Accounting or first 300-level accounting course by the start of the internship
* Strong initiative, communication, and interpersonal skills
* Leadership involvement in student associations
* Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the US which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .