Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
We are currently seeking Assembly Associates in East Peoria, IL (Undercarriage Building BB). You will perform a series of routing functions to assemble machine components.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assembling / testing, reworking and repairing machine components
- Performing production based on schedule and continuously improving process efficiency
- Ensuring adherence to Standard Work Sheet to achieve quality products and avoid quality issues
- Participating in pre-shift Process Improvement Dialogue (PID) & Continuous Improvement (CI), raising, submitting issues and suggestions and following up requirements from supervisor
- Providing timely reports to operation supervisor or team lead on material availability and equipment downtime
- Identifying specification gaps and root causes and making adjustments to meet engineering test specification
- Ability to read assembly print and knowledge of normal technical requirements such as tolerance and fit
- Ability to read simple information in English; knowledge of simple English assembly terms
- Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Ability to perform simple computer operations
- Awareness of Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain (5S) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- This position does not offer relocation
- This position requires no travel
- Multiple shifts available (primarily 2nd and 3rd shift openings)
What we offer:
- Competitive starting wages
- Scheduled wage increases
- Day one benefits
- Quarterly bonuses
- Employee national discounts
- Development opportunities
* Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
* Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances, including marijuana.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .