Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
MACHINIST TECHNICIAN – Level 3 – Multiple Positions Available - 2nd & 3rd Shift
$22.20 /hour starting pay + 5% Shift Differential
Earn up to $28.24/hour + 5% Shift Differential
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Incentives/Bonus Opportunities, Matching 401k available day one.
www.caterpillar.com/careers : Apply online and create a candidate account.
CATERPILLAR - BUILD WHAT MATTERS
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
This position is for a Level 3 Machinist Technician within the Large Power Systems Division located in our Lafayette, IN facility. Candidates must have a strong machining background with experience in boring milling, drilling and reaming. Must have knowledge of CNC programs and be able to make offset adjustments as required.
Candidates will machine engine components using lathes, mills, drills, boring machines, and / or grinders. Must be able to use various gages to verify part quality.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for production, quality, housekeeping and other related duties associated with the operations.
- Set up and operate NC machines, transport material, audit, operate wash tanks and operate some manual operations
- Interpret Job Instruction Sheet, Standard Work Documents, GageIt (gage tracking), CMM data, and accountable for processes by monitoring Infinity.
- At times may be required to work overtime to support the manufacturing requirements.
- Troubleshooting ability to solve everyday problems.
- Flexibility to float from one machine to another.
- Must be able to manage time and work well in a team environment.
- Two or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong working knowledge of machining principles; basic SPC, blueprint reading; understanding of geometric tolerances; ability to interpret CMM reports; quality data; and work experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Required to stay in section for 12 months except for a promotion or nights to days move
- Location of this position is in Lafayette, IN
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
- This position is a full-time position with full benefits.
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
- 40-hour work weeks with potential for Overtime
- 18 Days/144 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO) - Prorated based upon start date
- 11 Paid holidays
- Climate controlled work environment – most areas
- 100% - 401k match up to 6%
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance effective first day of employment
- Quarterly incentive program with potential for annual bonus
- Clean/safe work environment
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .