Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar takes a system view of the life of our products. We design and manufacture them for multiple lives, our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to the customer, and we remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to deliver the next generation of value. Our industry leading engineering and manufacturing expertise, large field population and world class dealer organization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us to provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world.
Caterpillar currently has an opening for a Machinist I position supporting Reman Drivetrain located in the West Fargo, ND facility. The Machinist l position operates a variety of machine tools and equipment to accurately machine final product as well as assist in the development of new products and processes.
Job responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Use precision measuring devices to effectively machine parts
- Use blueprints, gauges, torque measuring devices and/or other equipment to ensure conformance to quality specifications
- Ability to set-up, adjust and perform operations with close tolerance and finish requirements on standardized parts
- Conduct pre and post inspection on all machined parts
- Plan and make difficult or new setups with necessary equipment
- Assist in the development of work instructions
- Perform preventive maintenance as required
- Assist in identifying issues and initiating corrective action processes as necessary
- Perform 5S Audits
- Perform Safety Stop Audits observations as required
- Participate in the CI/PID Process
- Any duties or tasks that may be assigned to promote cross training or support for various areas of the shop
- Follow the Caterpillar Production System (CPS) Standard Work Sheets
- Other duties as assigned
People Related Tasks and Responsibilities
- Promote a culture based on our Values in Action
- Follow established facility safety policies, safe job procedures and hazardous risk assessments and using the proper Personal Protective equipment for the specific job being performed
- Work with variety of employees throughout the day to effectively communicate needs and to perform job related tasks
- Proven ability to work in a team setting
- Ensure customer requirements are met
- Conduct business with the highest level of honesty and integrity
- Ability to Interface with plant management, supervisors and production personnel
- Minimum 4 years job related experience in a manufacturing environment
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective decision making, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively interpret blueprints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to produce quality products
- Highly motivated and a self starter
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Two-year tech school degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Must possess ability to deal with multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to sit or stand as needed to perform essential functions of the position
- Ability to periodically walk and/or travel to other areas of the plant and other warehouses as directed
- Ability to use keyboard, reach above shoulder height, below the waist, and lift and file documents throughout the day
- Ability to perform safe execution of repetitive motions
- Ability to repetitively lift and carry up to 35 pounds
- Visual and hearing abilities as appropriate for safe execution of job duties, functions and tasks
- Physical exertion and effort to safely lift, push or pull components or parts
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
- Hourly Pay Range : $21.15 - $27.47 (pay negotiations based upon skills/experience)
- 2nd shift will receive an additional $3.00 night shift premium
- 1st shift Work Hours: 6AM - 4:30PM; Mon- Thurs with occasional overtime on Fridays
- 2nd shift Work Hours: 4:15PM - 2:454AM; Mon- Thurs with occasional overtime on Fridays
- $2,000 sign on bonus. Incumbent will receive first pay out after 90 days of employment and second payout after 180 days of employment.
- *The payout of sign on bonus will be based on acceptable performance and attendance*
- 40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
- 80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid holidays
- 100% 401k match up to 6% offered on day 1 of employment
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance offered on day 1 of employment
- Quarterly bonus program
- Potential annual performance increase
- Clean/safe work environment
- Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
- Paid weekly!
For candidates that live outside of a 50 mile radius of the Fargo facility we will offer a $5K lump sum to relocate! This will be split into 2 payments. 1st payment will be paid out on the first pay check and 2nd payment to be paid after 30 days of employment.
Please ensure you frequently sign in to your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .