Career Area:Administrative Support
What does it mean to live the Caterpillar Experience?
It means you play a part in building a better world. You contribute to a winning culture—a spirit of accountability—that has driven change on every continent for more than 90 years. To work with us is a commitment to improve sustainability, invent for the digital age and innovate in order to bring solutions to millions of people. Sure, you work for Caterpillar. But more importantly, you work for the good of your career, your family, your community and your world. As a company, we will take on every challenge that faces us, just as we have in the past. We will continue to lead in our industries because of employees like you. You’re here on purpose, with a purpose. Your work builds the world. You build what matters.
About SPM Oil and Gas
SPM Oil and Gas provides superior products and service solutions to Oil & Gas customers in upstream, production, transportation, refining and related industries. The team works hard to create lifelong customer relationships, supplying comprehensive product & service solutions for the Oil & Gas industry and setting the standard for excellence in the segment.
SPM Oil & Gas currently has opening for an Apprentice Machinist located in Edmonton, Alberta. This position would ideally be a 2nd or 3rd year apprentice machinist sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and machining centers to fabricate precision metallic parts and components with tight tolerances.
- Setup and operate production equipment to support customer demand and meet on time delivery
- Inspect parts to regulate configuration control utilizing inspection gauging and instruments such as Mic’s, Calipers, Indicators, and Bore gages
- Possess working knowledge of cutting tools including speeds and feeds, boring, threading, milling, deep hole drilling and turning
- Ability to make and/or recommend adjustment to regulate part configuration both manually and through machine controls along with the understanding of basic shop formulas
- Knowledge of blueprints reading and comprehension of provided manufacturing processes
- Effectively demonstrate the core values of Caterpillar at all times
- Follow all written policies and procedures safely without deviation or refer to upper management for guidance
- Exhibit and advocate exemplary safety culture at all times
- Demonstrate consistency, accountability, reliability and solid work ethic
- Contributes to a team environment by maintaining a positive attitude along with supporting a safe work environment and keeps work area neat and organized
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers
- Must have the ability to perform independently or in a team setting
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Background / Skills:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1 year of experience or 1st-3rd Year CNC Machinist apprentice.
Understanding of at least basic measuring tools, knowledge of more advanced tools.
Knowledge of setting up machines and using various machine controls.
Fluency in English (read, write, comprehend)
Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions and deal with problems
Must have mechanical aptitude
Observe safety and security procedures
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and Pension) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of Canada which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .