As a Senior Software Engineer, you will build platform notification services that enable Caterpillar customers to be alerted for events that are critical to efficiently operate Caterpillar engines and machines.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be is responsible for development of services using Scala and data streaming technologies. The responsibilities include the following:
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Mentors and assists software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guides the team to develop structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicates with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integration testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of software development experience using Java 8+
- 2+ years of Scala programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with data streaming technologies such as Akka Streams, Spark Streaming, Flink, Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with design and implementation of high-availability and reliable solutions
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools, such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using AWS. Other AWS technologies, such as API Gateway, ALB, NLB, Fargate, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, CloudFormation, etc
- Developing software applications using relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, AWS DynamoDB
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
#LI-HybridVisa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .