Career Area:Administrative Support
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
The Program Manager will lead an Enterprise-wide multi-functional team in all phases of a program or project management process for a product line. The position will be responsible for leading the Manufacturing Optimization workstream of the Maintenance Component Supply Optimization Program. As owner of this workstream, you will work with our network of internal facilities to develop and lead a MGPP (Multi-Generational Project Plan) comprised of several strategic manufacturing projects from strategy launch through execution.
- Provides leadership and direction to multi-function teams to develop and execute strategy
- Ensures program meets all goal requirements for cost, budget, and customer satisfaction
- Manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making
- Monitors progress of projects, discusses challenges with affected areas, assures appropriate personnel are informed of opportunities for improvement and steps are in place to meet schedules
- Depending on nature of issue, expected to recommend possible solutions and alternatives
- Other duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time-to-time
- Minimum of ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Operations Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in project management leading a multi-function team
- Highly collaborative, and demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders both within Caterpillar and externally
- Strong commercial, business, engineering, and manufacturing knowledge along with an understanding of product development and validation, supply chain, accounting, and pricing functions
Top candidates will also have :
- Master’s Degree or higher in Business, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management
- Knowledge of corporate NPI (New Production Introduction)
- 6 Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt experience
- Product Group based product development/NPI Program/Commercial experience, and/or product or solution-based sales experience
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to use these skills to drive team performance improvements
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- This position may require up to 25% domestic travel with some potential for international travel
- This position has the potential to be placed at any Caterpillar facility
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .