Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Specifically, you can expect to:
· Assemble the entire prototype machine
· Perform the buildup of sub-assemblies that include modifications to current production models, or minor changes to a configuration in preparation for machine test activity
· Reading blueprints, sketches, computer generated models, and written instructions from the supervisor or engineers.
· Plan the method and sequence of the assembly.
· Operate hand tools, portable power tools, power presses, simple machine tools, and the powered crane to assemble parts into a complete unit, making alterations and hand fitting parts when necessary.
· Utilize various precision gaging tools to check accuracy of assembly and fitting operations.
Operate machine/device to check assembly and performance.
· Make suggestions concerning methods of overcoming difficulties encountered in assembly/disassembly, reasons for parts failure, possible changes in design to correct failure or dismantling of the test.
The successful candidate must bring (basic qualifications):
· Combination of education and experience as a diesel mechanic with military equipment/vehicles, construction, or related large equipment and/or semi-tractors.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
ISE is not available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers .
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .