Job Title: Transmission Development Engineer
Work Location: Qingdao
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The incumbent, as key talent of CQL Engineering Upper Powertrain team, is mainly responsible for upper powertrain systems & components development for NPI, CPI, cost reduction and maintenance of both SEM and Cat products.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Research and develop new technology of L1~L 4 TC and Transmission and provide MGPP suggestion.
- Create concepts and direct the design and development of components and subsystems, such as clutch, gear train, bearing, shift control, lube & cooling, brake in TC and Transmission.
- Master basic knowledge of power match and transmission drive line concept development.
- Capability of complex geometric tolerance of multiple component systems
- Responsible for quality and cost, implementation for NPI, CPI and cost reduction. Work with team to meet PQVC requirements.
- Follow APQP and FMEA process to evaluate new products risk, identify and resolve problems by making simulation analysis and validation plan.
- Support product maintenance and work from aftermarket
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Engineering or Materials Science curriculum, 5+ years’ work experience.
- Transmission product development or excellent analytical experience.
- Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to gain a mastery of complex engineering and manufacturability concepts
- Good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts
- Excellent decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits along with the potential of a variable bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .