Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Are you ready to build what matters? Build More Than Machines . Build a Career.
Caterpillar is partnering with the Great Promise Partnership/Work-Based Learning programs in the State of Georgia to offer local high school students an opportunity to start building a manufacturing career. While working at Caterpillar Inc., you will work in an environment that supports excellence. High School Apprentices will work in either assembly or logistics functional areas to safely build excavators or small track-type tractors. This is an hourly position starting at $12.15/hr. Must be a rising Junior or Senior at a Georgia County high school participating in the Great Promise Partnership and/or Work-Based Learning program to be considered.
Watch our video to see our team build top-of-the-line excavators and tractors.
As an Assembly Manufacturing Apprentice, you will:
- Follow documented procedures to perform safe and defect free assembly and adjustment of parts and components.
- Leverage lean manufacturing concepts to support continuous improvement and waste elimination.
- Use industrial power tools for assembly and lifting devices to move heavy components.
As a Logistics Manufacturing Apprentice, you will:
- Perform material handling and warehousing functions.
- Order fill, process, store and pick parts, materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Conduct basic quality assessment of parts for damage and defects.
- Additionally, you will work from a variety of documents to verify part numbers, part locations and quantities.
- Must be a state of Georgia High School rising Junior or Senior at a school in partnership with the Georgia Great Promise Partnership and/or Work-Based Learning program
- Must have support of parent or legal guardian
- Must have reliable transportation to the Caterpillar Athens plant
- Must be able to work during school year either 6 am-10 am or 12:30 pm-4:30 pm
- Must be 16 years of age or older by July 2023 (prior to start date)
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Willing and able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Willing and able to perform repetitive operations
- Willing and able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Willing and able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Willing and able to infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- Willing and able to walk, squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes
Top candidates will also have:
- Basic computers skills – operating computer in Windows-based environment & Microsoft proficiency
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Experience working in manufacturing
- Knowledge of standard assembly tools
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. Failure to attach a resume may lead to application to not be considered. This is an hourly apprenticeship position with a wage of $12.15/hour and has multiple openings that will start in late July except for Barrow County which requested to start training in June. Apprentices will work approximately 40 hours/week in summer and 20 hours/week during school year. Apprentices must be able to work during the school year either 6 am-10 am or 12:30 pm-4:30 pm to be considered.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .