Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
This position will lead to accomplish machine configuration design and system integration work. This role is a key role in SEM Track-Type-Tractors new products development to achieve PQVC targets, as well as support the current products maintenance which have avg annual $5M OPPAC with 600 units sale.
It will require good leadership and communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills. 6 Sigma tools and methodologies will be utilized in resolving issues to help ensure proper documentation and validation. In addition, auditing and design process creation will be required.
- Lead the machine configuration and system integration design work.
- Lead the UGC file development with top levels, compatibility for NPI programs, and maintain the UGC file to support production design update and pricelist update.
- Build machine top level skeleton and coordinate system design engineers to ensure accurate 3D models of whole machine in Teamcenter.
- Lead the machine level audits (layout, interface, interference, serviceability, visibility, safety etc.) with 3D models, drive the design freeze to meet project timeline requirement.
- Lead machine level drawings development (Tech specs, dimensions, lubrications, painting requirements, test instructions, decals, etc.)
- Work with DCR on drawing release plan and progress tracking.
- Support tech lead to develop DV build plan and lead the engineering support for DV build in NPI workshop.
- Lead the DV build issues documentation and drive the engineering build issue resolution.
- Maintain production machine 3D model with system designer during design update for QA and/or CPI projects.
- Manage associated design changes with Job # assigning to system design engineers.
- Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, 5 years work experience or Master’s in engineering, 3 years work experience
- Experience in multiple phases of product development (concept, design validation, production maintenance)
- Detailed understanding of machine configuration design and top-down modeling
- Skilled experience in Creo, Mockup tools
- Good leadership, initiative, organizational planning, communication skills
- 6 Sigma Green Belt experience
- Ability to speak / write English and Chinese
- Nice to have
- CPI project experience
- Ability to manage / direct multiple projects concurrently
- Strong leadership, initiative, organizational planning, communication skills
- Fluent English writing and speaking
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits along with the potential of a variable bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .