Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
As a Corporate Development Associate at Caterpillar, you will work in a high performing and dynamic corporate development team that supports strategic and financial analyses of inorganic initiatives through Mergers & Acquisitions (acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures), Venture Capital investments, organic initiatives through investment in new product R&D and procurement strategies, and other strategic analyses. In addition, the role will provide governance across the life-cycle of project / transaction and support post-closing assessments, corporate finance methodology updates and investment reviews. The associate will get the opportunity to work with a variety of diverse and global business units in various industries at Caterpillar.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Take leadership & provide guidance on certain aspects of the development of strategic and opportunity analysis, transaction development, deal execution and optimization of the M&A processes
- Act as the financial lead throughout the transaction process from opportunity analysis through due diligence including work with internal and external financial advisors and subject matter experts in order to provide an enterprise view of financial impact of transactions
- Provide financial and strategic expertise to support Business Units utilizing business analysis techniques such as three-statement financial modeling, accretion/dilution impact, and DCF analyses, while analyzing impact of integration costs and synergies
- Provide support for communication of financial and strategic rationale for inorganic and organic initiatives through preparation of presentation materials
- Act as core deal team member, participate in negotiations by leading sub-team evaluation of enterprise position to achieve optimum balance of risk and reward under various acquisition structures and purchase price considerations
- Work with business unit leadership to define growth plans and strategies for regional expansion, additional product lines, or new segments or parts of the value chain
- Work with acquiring Business Units to independently resolve problems and act as a captain in business proposal development for all assigned programs
- Take lead on communicating with regional corporate tax, regional corporate treasury, and other functional experts to resolve the issues to ensure compliance globally and regionally
- Ensure corporate governance and procedures for approvals and process are adhered to throughout the transaction process.
- Perform enterprise level analysis for large projects that span several industries and end markets.
- Work with business unit financial teams to ensure Caterpillar Financial Analysis Methodology is being followed.
- Supporting project work requires the ability for pockets of travel.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, economics, or mathematics, or relevant professional experience
- 6-8 years of Accounting/Finance related experience or 2-4 years of experience in Investment Banking/M&A/Corporate Development or 3-5 years in Big 4 Transactional Audit Accounting will also satisfy this requirement
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Advanced education or certifications including: MBA, CPA, CFA, CMA
- Experience in financial modeling and analysis techniques, including discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, operating models, merger models, leveraged buyout models and comparable transaction and company analysis
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, initiative, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Ability to deal with conflicts, take enterprise point of view, manage multiple projects at the same time and work under pressure with tight timelines.
- Location: Irving, TX; Chicago, IL
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
- The position requires a willingness to travel for both domestic and international business opportunities (10-30%)
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .