Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Join the team that is revolutionizing the Mining industry by powering emerging renewable energy solutions.
Caterpillar is hiring a Fleet Manager Rep. path for our highly regarded Field Representative Development Program, which is designed to build employee skill sets through customized development focused on supporting Caterpillar dealers and customers. When you join this program, you will be part of a globally based team participating in rotational assignments focused on developing your industry, product, application, marketing, and technical knowledge - all with an intense focus on Caterpillar’s job site solutions mining customers. Job Site Solutions provides fleet management services to Caterpillar customers to help them manage costs, increase uptime, and improve productivity. At the same time, help our dealers to increase customer offerings through custom solutions that secure both parts and services for the dealer. Each person hired into the Field Representative Development Program is assigned a coach to help guide your progression through the Program. You will receive personalized onboarding, soft-skill, sales and technical training specific to your field assignments, and participate in a variety of rotations across the business to ensure you have the means necessary to achieve your career goals.
This particular position will support Caterpillar’s Resource Industries Sales, Services and Technology (RISST) Division. RISST is a one-stop shop for Caterpillar employees who are committed to delivering Caterpillar’s exceptional value throughout surface and underground mine sites. The team is passionate about meeting the needs of our customers against the background of a rapidly evolving sustainability goals within the mining industry, and we are vigilant about enhancing our worksite execution through superior customer service, and new innovative solutions, services and technology offerings. Our global reach and presence is unmatched in the industry.
In this role you will:
Your rotations will be tailored to best prepare you for your future role within RISST. Based on your interests, skills and abilities, you may enter rotations designed to prepare you for roles in mining technology solutions (MineStar Solutions), product application consultation, B2B sales and planning, aftermarket services, or mining product sales and solutions. While working in the rotational assignments, you will have opportunities to travel internationally and to regional Caterpillar facilities and customer sites for short term assignments.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success its employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
- Must have completed a 4-year degree at an accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Marketing, Mining Engineering, Geology, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or closely related field
- Must have an advanced level of proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Must be willing to travel extensively (50 – 70%)
- Must be willing and able to relocate domestically/internationally based upon business need
- Relevant internship or work experience related to Mining
- Strong soft skills and some analytical skills to interpret and understand data
- Ability to influence change and experience in stakeholder management
- Prior leadership experience. This may be within a student, volunteer or extracurricular organization
- Strong ability to work independently and to communicate with others in a variety of work environments
- Ability to guide change and solve problems
- Strong sales and technical aptitude
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .