Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overall quality organization inclusive of but not limited to quality production processes, Incoming Quality Audits (IQA), CMM lab, calibrations process, met lab, quality engineering, root cause corrective action, and PPM field quality.
- Develop innovative strategies to reduce and control internal cost of poor-quality factors (scrap, rework, warranty, etc)
- Works with various customer/supplier groups to establish a quality plan, which ensures optimum customer satisfaction, audits plan to provide feedback to the groups on adherence to the plan
- Set budget requirements, cost savings projects, forecasting production needs and ensuring quality standards are maintained
- Develop plans for efficient use of materials, machines and manpower to achieve manufacturing cost, quality and inventory management target
- Ensure proper direction and supervision of activities in assigned area to maintain effective & efficient utilization of personnel and machinery to support daily production needs
- Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification, etc
- Promote the development of people through employee involvement, increased responsibility and ergonomics
- Train and develop team as quality auditors on manufacturing quality.
- Set goals and assist team in meeting quality goals/standards
Additionally, you will impact LEAN by:
- Managing multiple sections and reports to the factory leadership team
- Owning the Continuous Improvement process, making sure new ideas are generated, worked and implemented, and any roadblocks are eliminated
- Initiating and conducting process improvement dialogs with Quality Engineers, Quality Auditors, and process partners
- Driving root cause analysis and resolution on all forms of loss, i.e., safety, quality, velocity
- Ensure daily production requirements are supported through owning responsibility.
- Champions a culture of quality within the team and process partners
- Defines and ensure adherence to quality processes
Top Candidates will also have:
- Certified 6Sigma Green Belt
- Certified internal auditor for ISO:9001: 2015.
- GD&T and CMM Programming experience
- Caterpillar – SDT, Hosur, India
- 5% of Travel
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits along with the potential of a variable bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .