Job Role : Head of Finance Transition and Project Management CoE
Job Role Summary – Aligned with the Global Finance Services Organization strategy and operating model rollout, lead a team managing all finance and finance IT transformation projects. Partner closely with key stakeholders including Business Units and Divisions finance and IT leaders, Global Process Owners, Global Operation Leads, Finance Systems and User Access Provisioning, Controls, Change & Communication and HR teams.
Primary Responsibilities :
Finance and IT Transitions:
- Lead a team executing standard transition methodology covering transition planning, knowledge capture & transition, service rehearsal training and stabilization for all transitions within Caterpillar and between Caterpillar and Managed Service Providers for Legal Entity Accounting, New Product Introduction, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accountable Reporting and Finance IT
- Supervise robust progress tracking and governance aligned with agreed transition deliverables and milestones
- Perform risk management to minimize and mitigate potential transition related risks
- Manage the relationship and communication with relevant stakeholders within and outside of Caterpillar
- Lead a team executing implementation of various finance related projects around the globe, covering, but not limited to implementation of standard finance tools and systems, complex process improvements, post-merger integration
- Supervise development of detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Delegate project tasks based on team members' individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Track project performance and meet budgetary requirements, measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize and mitigate potential project related risks
- Manage the relationship and communication with relevant stakeholders
Basic Requirements :
Bachelor’s degree in accounting OR any 4-year degree with an applicable certification
12 – 15 or more years of progressively responsible job-related experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have :
Strong business acumen with a high degree of process and functional knowledge of finance & finance IT transformation. Leadership experience in global business services environment. Proven track record of leading teams managing multicultural finance and IT transformation projects. Excellent project management skills.
Demonstrated leadership skills, strategic mindset, action-oriented, drive for continuous improvement, ability to manage change and embrace disruption
Ability to lead, motivate, inspire and work with multiple teams and stakeholder groups to drive outcomes
Excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively, advise on challenging issues, and influence others inside and outside the organization to take specific action
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .