To provide Search architecture solution and leadership to digital and business driven projects and manage enterprise technology footprint. This position will closely work with Product owners, business stakeholders and Search engineers to come up with application architecture plans, technology design and lifecycle, and information integrity by promoting reuse through Enterprise Architecture processes/reviews and standard compliance practices. A Digital Architect will determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct architectural reviews and recommend how to proceed with the applications (replace, retire, maintain, etc.)
Key areas of accountability include leading the development of Architecture Solutions for Strategic Enterprise projects and programs; developing and maintaining global technology roadmaps and application evolution plans; leading in the evaluation of new technology, information or integration standards; and developing digital strategy for a specific technical or business domain.
- Drive overall search platform roadmap and implementations
- Participate in the Architecture assessment and design for infrastructure domains that provide core capabilities for the enterprise.
- Provide Architecture design of integrated systems across site or regional projects and programs.
- Define which data is extracted and the rules by which it is transformed for simple to moderately complex projects.
- Participate in technology evaluation and recommendations.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of current and planned state architecture blueprints.
- Provides input for Cat Digital Technology and Application Rationalization efforts.
- Applies an enterprise-wide view to solutions to support the adoption of standards and practices and promote reuse.
- Participate in the design and implementation of enterprise data model and metadata structures.
- Participates in the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the Enterprise Architecture.
- Assist in the development and alignment of the digital roadmaps with the Digital and Business strategy.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information technology, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8 or more years of a progressive career in software engineering and architecture or 7 years with a master’s degree.
- Experience in building scalable distributed search applications using Lucidworks Fusion (preferred), Apache Solr, Elasticsearch or Lucene.
- Expertise with Search engine optimization, mapping user journeys, search relevancy and high availability architecture
- Metadata, taxonomy, and search integration experience
- Strong demonstratable experience delivering component, product, and/or enterprise architecture in public cloud and/or hybrid eco-systems.
Top candidates will also have:
- In-depth understanding and experience in two or more of the following: complex e-commerce applications, massive real-time event and message processing, data lakes, Big Data transformations and analytics, IoT edge and cloud data processing, SQL and NoSQL data modeling
- Strong understanding of Agile SDLC implementation in public cloud eco-system including environments management, test automation, peer review, CI/CD, resource optimization, etc.
- Strong hands-on coding experience with any of Core Java, Spring, Python, etc.
- Strong hands-on development experience in public cloud environment
- Familiarity with ML and data analytics
- Understanding of enterprise data integration and analytical platforms (C3 IoT, Pentaho, Snaplogic,..)
- AWS development experience with exposure to a variety of different services.
- Open source project contribution
- A certification in TOGAF or similar framework is highly desirable.
- Experience in multiple business processes or organizations and experience in multiple IT disciplines is also beneficial.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach and/or persuade others on new technologies, new applications, or potential solutions.
#LI-HybridVisa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .