Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar Pontiac will be hosting Talent Tuesday open interview hiring events every first Tuesday of the month beginning Feb 1, 2022 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at 1300 4H Park Road, Pontiac, IL!
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
As a Metal Treating Specialist at Caterpillar Inc., you will set up and operate heat-treating equipment to perform induction hardening and /or furnace hardening and tempering.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Set up, operate and adjust heat treating equipment to perform carburizing, sintering, cycle annealing, cold treating,
- induction hardening, nitriding, furnace brazing, carbonitriding, hardening from controlled atmosphere furnaces, etc.
- Operate gas generating equipment to produce processing gases.
- Other manufacturing duties as assigned
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
Top Candidates will also have:
- Prior experience in heat treat operations
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong commitment to safety
- Must be able to work any shift / schedule as shifts / working hours will change with business needs.
- Shift: 2nd and 3rd shifts have open positions available
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
This is full-time position offering benefits including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .