Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world – making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise has set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. Our employees are the reason for Caterpillar’s success.
Caterpillar has great opportunities for employment within Electric Power business unit at our Griffin, GA facility. These are full-time positions with an opportunity to grow with an organization that is committed to employee development and engagement. We are looking for candidates that are committed to safety, team collaboration and enhancing their skillsets. Please review the job description and apply if you have interest. We will be following up with qualified candidates to discuss the opportunity further. Please feel free to apply onsite at our job fair as well!
General Description :
Installing electrical conduit and wiring into Generator enclosures while maintaining a consistent appearance between units and teams. Land and terminate wiring into electrical panels following wiring schematics and blue prints for instructions. Work in teams to support the required build schedule and testing of the units when finished.
Job Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
The Electrical Technician position should be proficient with wiring blue prints, understand cable tray layout and conduit runs. The incumbent may be required to perform the initial layout of the conduit and wire trays then communicate to the engineering team for detailing prints. This position will float to work in any area of the enclosure production line, test and repair, as needed, to meet daily production requirements.
- Must have solid blueprint reading skills and strong technical/mechanical aptitude
- Two years of electrical wiring experience in any of the following areas: Commercial and residential wiring or One year of vocational program (after high school) or equivalent on the job training program.
- Experience with electrical point to point trouble shooting with multi meter
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Technical Degree or Electrical Technician Certifications
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates for all positions must have the ability to work in a fast paced, medium to heavy duty assembly, technical environment.
- Work may involve frequent bending, stooping and kneeling, twisting, turning, climbing, and standing on concrete for 8 hours.
- All jobs require the ability to lift 20 pounds and withstand frequent repetitive movement of hands with a variety of tooling.
Please ensure you frequently sign in to your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
- Starting hourly pay rate of $18.50
- 40-hour work weeks with potential for Overtime
- Multiple shifts offered - Shift premium of $0.75 per hour for 2nd and 3rd shift
- 80 hours of vacation with an additional 40 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Climate controlled work environment – most areas
- Annual company contribution into your 401k
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Quarterly bonus program
- Clean/safe work environment
- Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .