Career Area:Environmental Health and Safety
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar, we work to help our customers build a better world. Without our team of talented, bright and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work that matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a EHS Associate Supervisor in Menominee, MI .
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
Through it all, we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Learn more about the Caterpillar Experience .
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Identifies common safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the organization's operations and establishes guidelines for protection from those hazards.
Ensures EHS training is completed to comply with regulatory requirements or in support of facility, division, or enterprise objectives.
Audits safety/health/environmental programs for compliance with company standards, government regulations, and adequacy relative to local conditions.
Monitors periodic performance reports for trends and conditions and alerts line management to problems.
Bachelor's degree required
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Policy Compliance: Knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies; ability to implement EHS policies to ensure that provided products and services are safe for people and the environment and in compliance with legal requirements and standards.
• Uses safety or personal protective equipment, e.g. safety boots and protective eyewear.
• Prepares for emergency situations according to EHS policy.
• Replaces hazardous materials with environmentally friendly ones where appropriate.
• Conducts risk assessments to identify hazards in the business, work areas and work processes.
• Completes incident report forms after detecting risks or hazards in the workplace.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy; ability to complete tasks with high levels of precision.
• Evaluates and makes contributions to best practices.
• Processes large quantities of detailed information with high levels of accuracy.
• Productively balances speed and accuracy.
• Implements a variety of cross-checking approaches and mechanisms.
Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
• Delivers helpful feedback that focuses on behaviors without offending the recipient.
• Listens to feedback without defensiveness and uses it for own communication effectiveness.
• Makes oral presentations and writes reports needed for own work.
• Looks for and considers non-verbal cues from individuals and groups.
Managing Multiple Priorities: Knowledge of effective self-management practices; ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
• Recognizes changing demands and priorities; validates changes with management.
• Obtains information about how current assignments contribute to organizational goals.
• Completes current work according to assigned priorities.
• Responds to day-to-day operational priorities while still making progress on project work.
• Performs at least 2-3 concurrent activities without reducing productivity.
Top Candidates will also have:
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Safety & Health, or related field of study
This position is located in Menominee, MI and may offer domestic relocation.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers . #Li
Posting Dates:February 29, 2024 - March 8, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community .