Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Do you have a passion for helping customers and supporting a sustainable solution? Since 1973, Cat Reman has helped bring the value at the core of every Cat product back to life. Customers look to us to provide a high-quality solution that is good for their business - and promotes sustainability. It's important to us to deliver. Our team is full of industry leaders. Together, following common values, we share a passion for delivering sustainability benefits that help the company contribute to a circular economy. It’s rewarding work, with an inspiring team, where every contribution matters.
Caterpillar currently has openings for Technician II positions supporting Reman Drivetrain located in the West Fargo, ND facility. The Technician ll operates a variety of tools and equipment to assemble and disassemble product.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accurately utilizes data collection systems
- Effectively performs basic and advanced assembly and disassembly operations
- Can identify and accurately categorize wear patterns of parts
- Use blueprints, gauges, torque measuring devices and/or other equipment to ensure conformance to quality specifications
- Assists in the development of new assembly and disassembly procedures
- Use precision measuring devices to effectively assemble and/or disassemble final product
- Ability to effectively interpret blueprints
- Able to effectively train other techs in various assembly and disassembly operations
- Assist lead person in their absence
- Able to manage cell boards and train other techs to document cell board information
- Perform preventive maintenance as required
- Assist in identifying issues and initiating corrective action processes as necessary
- Perform 5S Audits
- Perform Safety Stop Audits observations as required
- Participate in the CI/PID Process
- Any duties or tasks that may be assigned to promote cross training or support for various areas of the shop
- Follow the Caterpillar Production System (CPS) Standard Work Sheets
- Other duties as assigned
People Related Tasks and Responsibilities
- Promote a culture based on our Values in Action
- Follow established facility safety policies, safe job procedures and hazardous risk assessments and using the proper Personal Protective equipment for the specific job being performed
- Work with variety of employees throughout the day to effectively communicate needs and to perform job related tasks
- Proven ability to work in a team setting
- Serve as a positive role model and contribute to team effort by supporting all employees in our organization
- Ensure customer requirements are met
- Conduct business with the highest level of honesty and integrity
- Ability to Interface with plant management, supervisors and production personnel
- Minimum 3 – 5 years job related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Proven record of good attendance
- Must possess ability to deal with multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Effective decision making, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Highly motivated and a self starter
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Ability to sit or stand as needed to perform essential functions of the position
- Ability to periodically walk and/or travel to other areas of the plant and other warehouses as directed
- Ability to use keyboard, reach above shoulder height, below the waist, and lift and file documents throughout the day
- Ability to perform safe execution of repetitive motions
- Ability to repetitively lift and carry up to 35 pounds
- Visual and hearing abilities as appropriate for safe execution of job duties, functions and tasks
- Physical exertion and effort to safely lift, push or pull components or parts
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
Hourly Pay Range: $19.65 - $26.05 (salary negotiations to be offered based on skills/experience)
1st shift Work Hours: 6AM- 4:30PM
2nd shift Work Hours: 4:15PM - 2:45AM
2nd shift will receive an additional 7% night shift premium.
Monday - Thursday with occasional overtime on Fridays
$2,000 sign on bonus. Incumbent will receive first pay out after 90 days of employment and second payout after 180 days of employment.
*The payout of sign on bonus will be based on acceptable performance and attendance*
40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid holidays
100% 401k match up to 6% offered on day 1 of employment
Health, dental, vision, & life insurance offered on day 1 of employment
Quarterly bonus program
Potential annual performance increase
Clean/safe work environment
Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
Please ensure you frequently sign in to your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers .
Keep a frequent check on emails as correspondence will be sent to the email that you used to apply with. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community .