Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With nearly 100 years of quality and innovation in about 150 locations around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you join a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We do not just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customers’ needs.
About the Job:
The Enterprise Communications team has an exciting opportunity for a Communication Intern located in Peoria, Illinois or Irving, Texas. As a Communication Intern at Caterpillar, you will assist the Enterprise Communications team with internal communications support. While with us, a communication intern may be involved in the following:
- Writing and copy-editing internal and external communications including articles and social media
- Supporting website strategy and maintenance
- Creating eye-catching visual communications
- Creating strategic business communications for leaders
- Supporting community relations and Corporate Social Responsibility projects
- Developing communication plans and strategies
- Conducting communication channel audits
- Assisting with special projects as needed, including video, presentations, graphics, employee engagement and more
Caterpillar interns are challenged with real projects and assignments that add value to the business and develop professional skills. This intern will have the opportunity to gain real-world experience at a Fortune 100 company. Our work environment is friendly, fast-paced, and constantly changing. If you want to help us do the work that helps our customers build a better world, apply!
Summer 2024: May 13, 2024 - August 02, 2024
This is a 40-hour-per-week assignment will be Monday through Friday and will last 12 weeks in the summer (subject to change based on selected candidate’s schedule).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume, writing / project samples and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time, four-year accredited college or university or graduate school in one of the following degree programs: Communications, English, Journalism or Marketing
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
- Expected graduation: December 2024 and beyond
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 tools: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Yammer, Teams, etc.
Top candidates will also have:
- Strong editing and writing skills.
- Natural collaborator with outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong initiative, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly organized
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .