Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
This role serves as a primary communicator for Caterpillar’s sustainability initiatives. You will be responsible for developing Caterpillar’s enterprise sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) messaging related to the enterprise sustainability strategy. You will be a vital member of the Enterprise Sustainability team, closely collaborating with the Enterprise Communications team supporting the enterprise’s efforts globally through strategic, integrated internal and external communications that promote and protect the Caterpillar brand and our enterprise strategy. You will be viewed as a trusted advisor for a wide range of internal and external messaging, directly impacting our reputation within the general public and targeted audiences.
What You Will Do:
- Support Caterpillar’s sustainability communications needs, including written content creation, external communications planning and internal communications materials.
- Research, interview, structure and write compelling sustainability content and thought leadership.
- Develop supporting materials for shareholder communications for sustainability and ESG, including periodic engagement meetings with Caterpillar’s largest institutional investors.
- Support large, complex external-facing projects through completion under tight deadlines, including Caterpillar’s Sustainability Report.
- Develop a structured communications program by assisting in creating and developing themes, formats, media and timetables for major programs and presentations from concept to execution.
- Provide regular updates to leadership on various deliverables by tracking sustainability-related announcements, customer collaborations, and product announcements.
- Partner with Enterprise Communications to develop key internal and external communications deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with team members and business partners, including legal, global editorial teams and subject matter experts on promotion, content capture and storytelling for sustainability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with peers throughout the industry.
What You Have:
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Communicating for Impact: Knowledge of the concepts, tools and techniques for effective listening and communicating; ability to apply these theories to receive, transmit and accurately interpret information and ideas to influence others in various situations.
- Planning and Organizing: Knowledge of the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way.
- Copywriting and Editing: Knowledge of copywriting and editing; ability to write, review and edit texts and documents to promote marketing.
What You Will Get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
- The location for this position is Peoria, IL or Dallas, TX
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected candidate.
- This position may require up to 15% travel.
- This job posting is set to expire at 11:59 pm CST on October 2nd.
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .