Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Do you have a passion for helping customers and supporting a sustainable solution? Since 1973, Cat Reman has helped bring the value at the core of every Cat product back to life. Customers look to us to provide a high-quality solution that is good for their business - and promotes sustainability. It's important to us to deliver. Our team is full of industry leaders. Together, following common values, we share a passion for delivering sustainability benefits that help the company contribute to a circular economy. It’s rewarding work, with an inspiring team, where every contribution matters.
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
Starting hourly pay rate of $15.00 (pay negotiations accepted & based on skills/experience)
2nd & 3rd shift positions will receive an additional 7% night shift premium
40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid holidays
Climate controlled work environment – most areas
100% 401k match up to 6% offered on day 1 of employment
Health, dental, vision, & life insurance offered on day 1 of employment
Quarterly bonus program
Potential annual performance increase
Clean/safe work environment
Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has openings for Engine & Component Cleaning Operator positions located in the Corinth, MS or Booneville, MS facility . This position will require you to work in a detail or preclean operation focused on engine and/or component cleaning.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced, safety and quality focused environment to disassemble and detail engine components.
- May require use of disassembly tools to clean/detail (vibratory, pneumatic tools: impact guns, wrenches, needle guns, handheld grinders, die grinders and buffers, etc.) to remove debris.
- Cross training in other Salary Grade 1 positions, such as: Disassembly 1, Cleaning 1, Assembly 1, Machining 1, or Logistics 1 may be required, based upon basic qualifications and physical job requirements being met.
- Reference other position postings for specific qualifications and physical requirements.
- May be required to use an overhead hoist to move large components.
- May perform material handling, unloading parts from tubs or baskets according to production schedule.
- Will be required to wear a detail suit with hood and/or respirator.
- Utilize various computer systems including email on a regular basis.
- All operators will adhere to Built in Safety guidelines.
- Operator should have attention to detail and be self-motivated.
- Operator will work in a team environment.
- Candidate will work in an environment without close supervision.
- Basic computer experience (ability to read standard work documents and enter data)
- Required to read/write and interpret documents.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Prior use of hoists.
- Knowledge of engines and components.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with basic tooling (hand tools, air tools, pneumatic tools, etc.)
- Job may be physically demanding at times and must be able to handle high volume fast-paced operation.
- May work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- May walk, squat and bend for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Must be able to wear proper PPE.
- Will be required to wear a detail suit with hood and/or respirator.
- Will require respirator physical and training
- May be required to lift/push/pull heavy parts up to 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10+ hours per shift
Job Bid Eligibility Requirements:
- Any current agency workers applying to this position must have worked the required 60 days to be considered as well as meeting all requirements for the position.
All eligible candidates MUST pass the following pre-employment screenings before they can be hired to any Caterpillar position:
- Background Screening
- Drug & Alcohol Screening (Applicants are hereby advised that the Company has implemented a drug and alcohol policy and conducts a testing program, pursuant to Sections 71-7-1, et al., of the Mississippi Code of 1972, Ann. (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), and you are hereby advised of the existence of said Act.)
- Post-Offer Medical Questionnaire - clearance from Corporate Medical
Check out our Caterpillar Remanufacturing facility by clicking the link below:
Please ensure you frequently sign in to your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers .
Keep a frequent check on emails as correspondence will be sent to the email that you used to apply with. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community .