Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar takes a system view of the life of our products. We design and manufacture them for multiple lives, our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to the customer, and we remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to deliver the next generation of value. Our industry leading engineering and manufacturing expertise, large field population and world class dealer organization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us to provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world.
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
Starting hourly pay rate of $15.00 (pay negotiations accepted & based on skills/experience)
2nd & 3rd shift positions will receive an additional 7% night shift premium
40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid holidays
Climate controlled work environment – most areas
100% 401k match up to 6% offered on day 1 of employment
Health, dental, vision, & life insurance offered on day 1 of employment
Quarterly bonus program
Potential annual performance increase
Clean/safe work environment
Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has openings for Disassembly I positions located in the Corinth, MS or Booneville, MS facility . This position will require you to disassemble engines and/or components as well as perform correct sorting of components.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced, safety and quality focused environment to disassemble engines and/or components
- Cross training in other positions within Salary Grade 1 may be required based upon basic qualifications and physical requirements being met. Those position could include Cleaning 1, Assembly 1, Machining 1, and Logistics 1.
- Reference other position postings for specific qualifications and physical requirements.
- Will require use of various tooling such as hand and power tools
- May be required to use an overhead hoist to move large components
- May require the use of a respirator related to Detail/Cleaning
- May require utilizing manual pallet jacks, overhead cranes, and/or electric pallet jacks to move parts in and out of an area
- May perform material handling, unloading parts from tubs and/or baskets according to production schedules
- May require sorting incoming material and/or disassembly of components as well as data entry
- Utilize various computer systems including email on a regular basis
- All operators will adhere to Built-in-Safety guidelines
- Operator should have attention to detail and be self-motivated
- Operator will work in a team environment
- Candidate will work in an environment without close supervision
- Basic computer experience (ability to read standard work documents and enter data)
- Required to read/write and interpret documents.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Prior use of hoists.
- Knowledge of engines and components.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with basic tooling (hand tools, air tools, pneumatic tools, etc.)
- Job may be physically demanding at times and must be able to handle high volume fast-paced operation.
- May work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- May walk, squat and bend for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Must be able to wear proper PPE.
May require wearing a detail suit and/or respirator.
- Will require respirator physical and training
- May be required to lift/push/pull heavy parts up to 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10+ hours per shift.
Job Bid Eligibility Requirements:
- Any current agency workers applying to this position must have worked the required 60 days to be considered as well as meeting all requirements for the position.
All eligible candidates MUST pass the following pre-employment screenings before they can be hired to any Caterpillar position:
- Background Screening
- Drug & Alcohol Screening (Applicants are hereby advised that the Company has implemented a drug and alcohol policy and conducts a testing program, pursuant to Sections 71-7-1, et al., of the Mississippi Code of 1972, Ann. (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), and you are hereby advised of the existence of said Act.)
- Post-Offer Medical Questionnaire - clearance from Corporate Medical
Check out our Caterpillar Remanufacturing facility by clicking the link below:
Please ensure you frequently sign in to your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers .
Keep a frequent check on emails as correspondence will be sent to the email that you used to apply with. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community .