Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Do you have a passion for helping customers and supporting a sustainable solution? Since 1973, Cat Reman has helped bring the value at the core of every Cat product back to life. Customers look to us to provide a high-quality solution that is good for their business - and promotes sustainability. It's important to us to deliver. Our team is full of industry leaders. Together, following common values, we share a passion for delivering sustainability benefits that help the company contribute to a circular economy. It’s rewarding work, with an inspiring team, where every contribution matters.
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
Starting hourly pay rate of $15.00 (pay negotiations based on skills/experience)
2nd & 3rd shift positions will receive an additional 7% night shift premium
40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid holidays
Climate controlled work environment – most areas
100% 401k match up to 6% offered on day 1 of employment
Health, dental, vision, & life insurance offered on day 1 of employment
Quarterly bonus program
Potential annual performance increase
Clean/safe work environment
Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has openings for Machining I positions located in the Corinth, MS and Booneville, MS facility . In this position, you will load and unload machines with minimal operator input.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced, safety and quality focused environment
- Operator should have attention to detail and be self-motivated
- Operator will work in a team environment
- Candidate will be required to interpret blueprints
- Will perform quality checks based upon standard work requirements
- Candidate is expected to understand torque requirements and processes
- Operate hand tools, cordless tools, gauges, vibration tools
- May be required to use an overhead hoist to move large components
- Will require loading and unloading parts
- May be required to wear a detail suit with hood and/or respirator
- May require utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts, overhead cranes, and/or electric pallet jack to move parts in and out of area
- May require operation of CNC controls/programs
- May require operating automated packaging equipment
- May require checking incoming material and entering data
- Cross training in other Salary Grade 1 positions may be required based upon basic qualifications and physical requirements being met.
- Examples of positions within salary grade 1 include Disassembly 1, Cleaning 1, Assembly 1, and Logistics 1
- Utilize various computer systems including email on a regular basis
- Candidate will work in an environment without close supervision
- Basic computer experience (ability to read standard work documents and enter data)
- Required to read/write and interpret documents
Top Candidates will also have:
- Prior use of hoists
- Knowledge of engines and components
- Experience with basic tooling (hand tools, air tools, gauges, pneumatic tools, etc.)
- Previous machining experience
- Previous experience reading and interpreting blueprints
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Job may be physically demanding at times and must be able to handle high volume fast pace operation
- Some positions will require forklift operation/training
- May work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- May walk, squat and bend for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Must be able to wear proper PPE (personal protective equipment)
- May require respirator physical and training
- May be required to lift/push/pull heavy parts up to 30 lbs. multiple times per shift
- Must be able to stand for up to 10+ hours per shift
- Must have a flexible schedule
Job Bid Eligibility Requirements:
- Any current agency workers applying to this position must have worked the required 60 days to be considered as well as meeting all requirements for the position.
All eligible candidates MUST pass the following pre-employment screenings before they can be hired to any Caterpillar position:
- Background Screening
- Drug & Alcohol Screening (Applicants are hereby advised that the Company has implemented a drug and alcohol policy and conducts a testing program, pursuant to Sections 71-7-1, et al., of the Mississippi Code of 1972, Ann. (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), and you are hereby advised of the existence of said Act.)
- Post-Offer Medical Questionnaire - clearance from Corporate Medical
Check out our Caterpillar Remanufacturing facility by clicking the link below:
Please ensure you frequently sign in to your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers .
Keep a frequent check on emails as correspondence will be sent to the email that you used to apply with. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community .