Career Area:Administrative Support
Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity to join the organization in support of executive leadership. We are looking for an executive administrative assistant to perform a variety of administrative tasks to support the company’s Senior VP,
The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting and managing the executive leader’s office ensuring coordination of activities and information within and relating to the executive’s administrative area of responsibility. This individual will contribute to the efficient use of the executive’s time by supporting calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports and supporting a variety of project related work.
In this role you will collaborate closely with the other executive assistants and a variety of leaders and employees. To be successful in this role – you should be well-organized, excellent at time management, customer service, purposeful and able to troubleshoot and act with minimal guidance. You will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to the executive member.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Function as the point of contact among executives and their teams, employees, customers, suppliers, and other external partners
- Manage executive’s calendar and schedule meetings with his team and other executives in the company
- Appropriately assess risk when decisions are made - demonstrating consideration for safeguarding the company, its customers, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements; coordinate schedules/itineraries for travel and prepare expense reports
- Format information for internal and external communication – emails, presentations, reports
- Screen and direct calls and inquiries on the SVP’s behalf
- Set up, organize, and maintain efficient organization systems
- Arrange on- and off-site conferences, meetings and events as required by the Business Unit; negotiate contracts and secure meeting space for off-site meetings
- Orders supplies; process invoices through procurement system with confidentiality
- Prepare and review materials and correspondence for meetings
- Manage sensitive materials; maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality
- Manage meeting collaboration technology in meetings held by the executive
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Use discretion, judgment, and initiative to continue the work responsibilities of the office when the executive is unavailable
Traveling is limited - as needed to support senior leaders.
- Previous office administration and work experience preferably within a large and complex organization.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- High school degree
- Initiative-taking and detail oriented
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assess priorities and make decisions with minimal guidance
- Proficient demonstration of Office 365 tools (or equivalent) - Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, Word
The location for this role is Irving, TX.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .