Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
JOB PURPOSE: This position will work in Caterpillar China (Wuxi) R&D Center Electrification + Advanced Power Solution Division China team, electrification is one of Caterpillar’s strategic technologies, and Caterpillar is accelerating electrification solution development in construction machinery, mining equipment and energy & transportation business. The electric drive team in Caterpillar Wuxi R&D center is part of Caterpillar global electrification team and responsible for electric drive system architecture development, system integration, motor and power electronics components design and charging solution development.
- Bachelor's degree or above, majoring in Electrical /Electronics/Mechatronics engineering or other equivalent ones
- 3+ years’ work experience in NEV power electronics components design or in relate field
- Familiar with high-voltage power supply structure and topology, have experience in hardware design, Such as Inverter, DC-DC/DC-AC, power supply etc.
- Skilled at using test equipment, strong technical issue fix capability
- Familiar with manufacture process in power electronics related field.
- Good communication and project management skills
- Good English skills and team player, Interested in new technology and self-motivated
- Experience in NEV related power electronics components development is preferred
The job will be related with following but not limited to
- This position will work on inverter development used on Caterpillar electric drive machinery
- Work with system engineer and machine technical lead to define component requirements
- Specification development, components selection and schematic design, PCB design, hardware prototype testing and debug
- Lead DFMEA, design review
- Develop lab testing and on machine validation plan
- Technical documentation development, drawing release
- NPI issue resolution
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .