Career Area:Purchasing & Procurement
At Caterpillar, we work to help our customers build a better world. Without our team of talented, bright and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work that matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Category Buyer II in Ramos Arizpe.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
Through it all, we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Learn more about the Caterpillar Experience .
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership for strategic sourcing – qualified supply network, business continuity, supplier risk management – capacity & financial, contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost/spend management – Supplier on boarding/off boarding, lead time optimization and resource management decisions
- Mentor and coach other team members on sourcing, logistics and resource management decisions
- Fully understand the current performance of the supply network, evaluate strategic options, decide a course of action, and begin implementation
- Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineers, to ensure continuous improvement in QCLDM with key suppliers
- The role will require a strong communicator capable of keeping the customer fully informed of progress and working closely with the customer to ensure all requirements are met
- Spend: 50-75 million
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a buyer/purchasing role
- English Advanced
Top Candidates will also have:
- Well-developed negotiation skills including the ability to interpret, evaluate and negotiate contractual elements
- Leadership and problem-solving experience (teams, projects, and/or data supported solutions)
Locations: Ramos Arizpe, Coah.
Relocation is not available
Travel up to 20%
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers . #Li
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
The Caterpillar Code of Conduct states that we will select and place employees based on their qualifications for the job to be performed, without regard to race, religion, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability. In this company we do not request pregnancy tests, nor HIV tests as requirements for employment entry, permanence or promotion.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .