Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be ground-breaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
You will lead and develop the successful delivery of Construction Industries Services Development (CISD) Dealer training initiatives in alignment with CISD strategy and collaboration with key business partners and vendors. To ensure the relevance, appropriateness, timeliness, and quality of the regional training strategy in alignment with the total worldwide service training effort within assigned area of responsibility
JOB DUTIES SUMMARY:
- Partner with regional field teams and internal partners to develop regional training plans and timelines.
- Deliver training programs and events within the given timelines that align to our overall CISD Strategy & CI services training strategy.
- Drive the development of training materials and content by subject matter experts and regional teams to ensure content is aligned with the strategy and meets regional requirements.
- Communicate learning adoption and success through monthly reporting based on metrics for all events and training.
- Collect and document VOD and keep running log of Critical customer requirements for all training channels for the region.
- Point Of Contact for all training related requests and questions for the assigned region.
JOB DUTIES DETAILS:
The incumbent is accountable for development of the regional training strategy prior to annual planning and execution of the CISD regional dealer training strategy which includes successful delivery of service training materials and formal training for dealer Account Manager (AM), Product Support Sales Reps (PSSRs), Inside Sales Reps (ISRs), Parts Counter Advisors (PCA) & Dealer Specialists (DS). The incumbent will work across business units to execute the regional training strategy to plan.
They prepare and coordinate a regional training plan that will roll up to the worldwide training plan. The incumbents provide guidance regarding course content, training aids, skill levels and attendance. The incumbent also is responsible for providing tracking, metrics, reporting and communication on all programs associated with their region.
They develop and maintain project schedules and monitor progress to ensure timely release of training initiatives. They monitor the quality of training and related programs, identify improvement areas, and recommend appropriate actions. To support this activity, the incumbents obtain dealer feedback and document this through a Critical Customer Requirements (CCR) list.
The Consultants maintain close relationship with field Marketing groups and are aware of business trends and developments. They ensure that the Field Team/Sales Execution Teams understand CI Services Training's training options and capabilities. In this activity the Consultants are involved in management meetings, conferences, personal contacts and at these opportunities acts as a representative of the Training Division. They maintain close contact with other functional areas such as Service Development, Service Engineering, and Sales Training. They serve as the single point of contact for CISD Training and as a liaison in the development of worldwide Service Training concepts and strategies.
Typical internal customers include the Sales Execution Team (Regional Managers, ASCs and ASRs, Services Development (CAS Managers and CAS, Global Accounts, Retail Team), and other Caterpillar business partners such as Reman, Cat Finance, etc. Global Dealer Learning (Account Manager and Learning consultants) External contacts include, dealer product support managers, PSSRs, ISR, DS, PCA, and vendors in a geographic market.
The position is challenged to manage multiple events that are time bound. In addition, this position requires large amounts of communication both internally and externally. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned. The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others.
BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE (Basic Qualifications):
The position requires thorough knowledge and expertise in strategy development and execution, as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 4+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience in the areas of Prime Product, Aftermarket Sales, or Technical Support, and/or Strategic Project Management
- Ability to travel 30% of time and open international travel
- Good human relations skills and excellent communication skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Speak French or Arabic
- Analytical skills are required to perform analysis and prepare strategic training plans.
- Field experience and a general understanding of dealership structure and relationships.
- Able to work effectively in large matrix organization and across geographical territories.
- Advanced knowledge of the Caterpillar organization, its products, policies, and procedures
- Experience with Office 365 tools, (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Yammer desired), Channel 1, Populo & Dealer Performance Center
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must in dealing with partners across the enterprise.
- Change Management: Motivating others inside and outside of Caterpillar to execute training plans.
- Basic experience with creating engaging learning material
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Caterpillar is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit https://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers/why-caterpillar.html
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for the role.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
LOCATION: Covers Europe, Africa and Middle East
Preferred: Geneva, Switzerland
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .