Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
This entry level position performs a key function in the engine parts supply and support chain and is responsible for the end-to-end Parts Order processing. Works with KEC engine parts supply chain and provides the link between factory and end user cusomers. The post ranges in nature from responding promptly to parts quotations/inquires, to regular stock orders to emergency supplies in case of product break down. There is also an element of opportunity in the position where proactive measures are required. Mistakes or wrong decisions will directly compromise operational efficiency, affect customer satisfaction, and directly impact bottom line profit.
This particular position focuses on Invoicing and will be the Gatekeeper to Invoice accuracy and revenue recognition.
The position will also be responsible to assist in regular Auditing.
Incumbent is developing their knowledge and learning to recognize and resolve problems and be able to deal with customers in various situations. The incumbent can also resolve issues through guidance provided by senior team members and supervisor as well as following departmental guidelines and standard procedures. Incumbent does not have authority to change procedures without approval from supervisor. Incumbent is expected to assist with developing and implementing objectives and work plans for improved company performance and customer satisfaction. The position is also challenged to identify problems and highlight them accordingly quickly and correctly.
As the values of parts are quite substantial, the individual needs to be organized, meticulous, patience and consistently follow through to ensure timeliness, accuracy and customer satisfaction.
Provides enquiry and order processing for KEC engine parts and other 3rd party spares where necessary:
- Creates/processes parts enquiries/orders for KEC engine product from marine and EPG channels. Liaises and coordinates all enquiries/orders with customers, MakAsia warehouse and the factory. Handles, solves issues and queries related to the enquiry / supply. This process is crucial as it greatly impacts the ability to generate sales and meet business plan profit.
- Processes commercial transactions from customers, while observing credit limits and terms of payment, and abiding by MakAsia’s Policies and Guidelines. Ability to make sound decisions to fulfil customer orders sales efficiently and effectively. Places purchase orders on KEC factory (where necessary) and follows / processes parts shipment to end client.
- On top of the above, this position requires individual to closely monitor customer’s accounts receivables, chase for payments to minimize our exposure.
The incumbent performs all these transactions through the business enterprise operating system (Microsoft Axapta) by goods receipt against shipping or purchase invoice and raising sales invoice in Axapta to generate the sale. Verifies and checks the accounts payables / accounts receivables records of the sales transactions to ensure accuracy.
Creates and coordinates customer issues / problems / complaints that arise as well as manages return shipments from clients due to over / wrong / unwanted supply and manages all authorisation for returns. Raises credit notes if required. Follow-Up and sees through the process if parts need to be shipped back to factory.
Typical internal customers include the position's work group, other teams and immediate supervisor. External contacts include various companies who purchase parts and services offered by Caterpillar. The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with the supervisor position, plus supports colleagues with difficult and challenging issues.
Most of the problems faced by the position are similar to those faced before and follow a pattern. The incumbent resolves issues by selecting the best solution from a few choices. They can change different parts of the standard approach to serve customers best but cannot add or delete procedures without approval. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Process Quality, Part Quality, Other Measure, Effectiveness, Profitability etc. The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated.
Limited travel required (Less than 5% of working time).
- Preferably Degree Holder, minimum Diploma
- Accounting Knowledge/Experience will be an added advantage
- Meticulous and sensitive to fine details
- Must have analytical ability and initiative, be results oriented, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is a requirement, other languages are also an asset.
Top Candidates Will Also Have :
- Previous accounting/ ordering and related experience a plus, must be a good organizer.
- Able to adhere to process/guidelines.
- Customer’s focus; discipline and good time management.
- Positive working attitude, team player, motivated, willing to learn and develop within a fast paced and diverse marine service organization, customer centric.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Good aptitude to learn and improve.
- Comfortable with some technical knowledge.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .