JOB DESCRIPTION FOR DART – Senior Inventory Analyst (X732)
For nearly 95 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. A legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to facilitating communication for the Apollo moon-landing mission, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
BE EMPOWERED & INSPIRED
We create an inclusive and diverse work environment because different perspectives result in the best ideas.
The Supply Chain Services group part of Product Support & Logistics Division currently has a job opening for a ‘Inventory Analyst’ position located in Bangalore, India facility.
Data Accuracy & Records Tracking (DART) Team Overview :
The Data Accuracy & Records Tracking (DART) being part of SCS group is responsible for seamless execution of critical processes for Caterpillar manufacturing facilities in the areas of New Product Introduction (NPI), Electronic Data Interface (EDI), shipping Label and Analytics solutions. Supply Chain Services team delivers value by initiating and participating in business-critical projects and solutions.
Senior Inventory Analyst (DART) - JOB PURPOSE :
This position is responsible to provide process team lead and support RIOP Decatur Supply Chain Planning Projects. This role is critical to provide analytical solutions on Material availability & facility product control change management to ensure successful NPI Product & Production builds.
JOB DUTIES :
Responsibilities of ‘DART – Senior Inventory Analyst’ may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze & manage engineering release and change notices, coordinating with suppliers & other supply chain partners to ensure on time material availability for prime product requirement.
- Manage escalations on delay in material availability.
- Analyze and escalate issues to meet part requirements for production. This may involve working with various groups including global purchasing, material planners, service engineers, and product group collaboration meetings.
- Manage escalations and issue resolution for delay in Purchase order launches.
- Drive analytical solutions to improve overall supply chain planning activities.
- Explore potential opportunities to implement analytical solutions to improve overall supply chain planning activities.
- Work effectively with diverse, multi-functional teams to apply the supply chain planning process and lead team efforts to develop lean material flow plans for a facility, which may include implementing changes to Supply chain planning process and material presentation at the point of use.
- This position performs tactical work across multiple functions to implement the supply chain planning process and develop a Plan for Every part for every value stream in a facility and is called upon to direct the work of Supply Chain Planning Analysts.
POSITION IMPACTS :
Incumbent is responsible to lead and contribute to achieve Supply chain planning team standard goals for Decatur facility to build their products.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- College or university degree in Commerce/Science/Engineering background
- 7-9 years of work experience in Supply Chain / Logistics / Warehouse inbound functions
- Experience with statistical analysis & analytical solutions using Power BI, Tableau, Python & SAS tools.
- Effective oral and written communications skills required to collaborate with a wide variety of internal & external teams to achieve project deliverables.
- Must be flexible to work in night shifts to have enough overlap with global teams.
- Must possess lead capabilities for managing functional activities performed by team.
- Experience with project management skills to implement and drive Supply chain functional and analytical solutions.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Preferable to have familiarity with Manufacturing, Product control change, NPI, Supplier Collaboration, Material Management and Analytical solutions..
- Experience in Print reading, CAPP+. MAMM is an added advantage.
- Preferable to have working experience with multiple ERP systems like SAP, Mainframe, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task various responsibilities.
- Independently work on issue resolution and enhancements to existing solutions
- Strong customer focus and ability to collaborate with cross functional teams.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .