Career Area:Purchasing & Procurement
Your Work Shapes the World Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe. When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce, Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. If this seems an opportunity to be part of the earth change, join us and become part of our team
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.caterpillar.com/en.html
Summary of the Role: Caterpillar Thailand has an exciting opportunity for the right person to join the team as a Product Supply NPI Leader. In this role, you will function as the Procurement NPI lead for Medium Tractor Products (MTP) and at the Thailand facility (CRTT). You will work closely with the Purchasing NPI lead to execute NPI/NSI programs. In this role, as the Thailand Supply Management representative for MTP NPI tractors will be engaged with teams in Thailand and globally to foster collaboration and assist with resolving any NPI issues that arise.
- Assist the Product Supply NPI lead with Procurement on the Thailand MTP NPI teams, ensure conformance on procurement NPI tasks, track, and report Thailand NPI procurement progress
- Collaborate with Product Group NPI & design teams to meet quality and timeline requirements plus assist the Product Group in managing procurement related capital for Thailand
- Understand Product Group and Component strategies, assist Regional Product supply NPI Lead in ICT Sourcing matrices, alignment to Enterprise & Earthmoving Sourcing council processes to ensure Product Group deliverables are achieved
- Assist Regional Product supply NPI Lead with forecasting and management of Thailand MTP procurement related capital and expense items (supplier tooling and packaging), NPI target setting and conformance, and procurement deliverables in Defect Free Operating System (DFOS)
- Identify potential cost and inventory reductions plus quality improvements as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
- Bachelor’ degree; preferably in Engineering or Supply Management.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in purchasing/sourcing/procurement or any other relevant fields
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas once every quarters
- Demonstrated project management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with others across multiple disciplines.
- The ability and willingness to lead and actively participate in meetings outside of typical business hours (late evening or very early morning)
- Ability to communicate English with global/regional teams
- Background in manufacturing environment
Top Candidate will have:
- 6 Sigma Green Belt experience/knowledge or willingness to develop
- Prior construction machinery knowledge
- Able to read drawing
- Possess knowledge of MTP (Medium Tractor Product) and/or heavy equipment product
- Knowledge of Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP)
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, national origin, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 07:30 am. – 04:30 pm.
Work location: Caterpillar (Thailand) Ltd. WHA Industrial Rayong Land., T.Nonglalok, A.Bankhai, Rayong
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .