Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
JOB PURPOSE: Drive revenue and growth for the aftermarket solutions business (to incl. parts, service, worktools, reman) in line with industry strategy in the assigned territory, communicated targets and by following established sales processes focused on the end customer. This will be achieved in close collaboration with the respective dealer(s) where the incumbent under direction of ASR management will provide leadership, guidance and counsel to optimize dealer’ sales force and sales processes effectiveness, in addition to leveraging opportunity management systems and processes to Caterpillar’s benefit, while recognizing and respecting independence of dealer.
Job duties include:
• Deliver, in collaboration with the other verticals, to the annual total business plan for the assigned dealer territories (shared goal). Once an industry specific business plan will be developed, the accountability will move to such plan.
• In collaboration with assigned dealers develop and implement aftermarket solutions industry account plans for assigned high-opportunity customer accounts. Adopt and be an advocate for sales funnel management methods.
• Collaborate with industries to identify customer accounts for growth
• Develop aftermarket solutions growth opportunities & execute approved targeted marketing campaigns
• Optimize parts sales variance utilization within assigned budget to drive incremental top line revenue and deliver business plan.
• Drive regular sales performance reviews with dealers and ensure implementation of corrective actions where needed.
• Track opportunity, participation and close rates and report VOC/VOD in the CRM system. Develop local action plans, leveraging CRM and Customer Insights, to attack lost sales.
• Seek understanding, document and communicate internally on customer requirements, business models, competitive landscape and other market intelligence to ensure product groups and other entities are aware of product & customer needs.
• Partner with dealers’ Parts & Service Sales Managers and their PSSR/ISR/Parts Counter organization to influence sales force effectiveness.
• Identify and communicate opportunities for improving aftermarket solutions sales management, marketing and operational capabilities at assigned dealers.
• Drive customer connectivity as an enabler to business
• Interact with Caterpillar global or regional account management to achieve growth of aftermarket solutions goals with specific customers (as applicable).
• Keep up to date with industry trends, changing technology and market regulations in countries covered
• Manage the T&E budget
• Partner with & influence other internal parties to ensure general customer needs are met for an effective commercial relationship
• Understand Caterpillar’s business model and act within the business process guidance on review and approval for variance programs and commercial actions.
Key competencies and behaviours include;
• Strong business acumen
• Proficient analytic tools user
• Basic application & machines understanding
• Intermediate knowledge of customer solutions (parts products, service offerings, solution offerings)
• Customer approach
• Strong communication & presentation skills
• Excellent influencing and strong negotiation skills
• Team player
• Self starter
• Strong accountability
• Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures
• Degree/College qualifications or equivalent experience
• Preferably 3 to 5 years prior experience in field assignments
• Experience in sales & marketing areas
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
• Ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .