About SPM Oil & Gas
SPM Oil & Gas, a Caterpillar company, provides superior products and service solutions to make our customers more efficient and lower total cost of ownership. Globally, we deliver engineered oilfield and drilling equipment repair and certification, mechanical and rotating equipment repairs and upgrades, rapid prototyping of spare parts, robust asset management, operation and maintenance and field engineering services. We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering and service locations worldwide. Join our team and help build engineering solutions that change the industry.
About the role:
This role will be positioned to direct and participate in the design and development of new product concepts and complex engineering projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability.
What you will do:
- Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles. Emphasis of this position is on creating concepts and directing the design and development of complex engineering projects.
- Prepares concept, design, development, and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects.
- Delegates portions of the project to other engineers and leads and coordinates the design, analysis, and computer simulation effort. Prepares development plans and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates.
- Acts as the development team leader by interacting with Plant locations and various engineering departments.
- Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products.
- Coordinates product tests with proven design and prototype build up and test areas.
- Provides guidance to other engineers responsible for portions of the - project to ensure development schedules are met.
- Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems.
- Travels to foreign and domestic plants, dealerships, and customer job sites to solve design problems or to field test locations to evaluate a product improvement.
- Uses technical expertise and product knowledge to play the leadership role in the problem resolution process when interfacing with Test and Evaluation, Service, Plant personnel, suppliers, and consultants. Works with manufacturing teams resolving problems with manufacturing and statistical process controls.
- Keeps abreast of latest technological advancements and prepares design concepts and develops unique product design features the Company often patents to gain competitive advantage.
What you will have:
- A bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, or Materials Science curriculum plus 3-5 years experience or a masters degree in Engineering, or Materials Science plus 1 to 2 years experience or a doctorate engineering degree.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to gain a mastery of complex engineering and manufacturability concepts.
- A good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts.
- Strong leadership ability and good communications skills.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401k savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .