We are building the future.
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
Caterpillar’s Electrification & Advanced Power Solutions (E&APS) Division will focus on delivering advanced electrified power train, zero-emissions products/technologies, and the solutions and services associated with these technologies. Focus areas include batteries, fuel cells, motors, inverters, micro grid controllers, charging, energy storage systems, lifecycle solutions/services and integration of components for ePowertrain solutions across industries.
We are looking for top talent to build and scale the next generation of technologies, products and services to help our customers build a better—more sustainable—world. We need self-motivated, intelligent and team-oriented individuals to make our plans a reality. Individuals with high emotional intelligence, humility and openness to discovery will thrive in the teams we are building.
Caterpillar’s Electric Drivetrain team designs motors, generators, grids, and pantographs used in Cat machines. As more products become electrified, there is a need to develop a full product line of electric components to support them. Prototype components are built in a dedicated shop by a small team of technicians and engineers. The Technician will work within the team to drive product design and manufacturing process improvements. In addition, the candidate will prepare build materials, execute component builds, and measure and document detailed information throughout.
- Identifying design and/or build process improvements based on firsthand build experience
- Generating and trialing improvements to address build issues
- Mechanical assembly of prototype components
- Layout & preparation of component parts for prototype builds
- Basic electrical measurements and data collection
- Installing specialized instrumentation into components
- Maintaining and organizing shop environment
- 5 or more years of experience in a shop or manufacturing environment
- Associate Degree or Trade School Certificate in a relevant field
Top Candidates will also have
- Demonstrated self-starter and to proactively apply critical thinking to resolve problems
- Demonstrated history of consistently identifying quality issues and driving them to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to take accurate measurements and compile quality documentation
- High initiative, personal accountability, and attention to detail
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
The location for this position is Chillicothe, IL.
Relocation is not available for this position
The job posting will close on Sunday, April 2nd at midnight
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .