Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Do you have a passion for helping customers and supporting a sustainable solution? Since 1973, Cat Reman has helped bring the value at the core of every Cat product back to life. Customers look to us to provide a high-quality solution that is good for their business - and promotes sustainability. It's important to us to deliver. Our team is full of industry leaders. Together, following common values, we share a passion for delivering sustainability benefits that help the company contribute to a circular economy. It’s rewarding work, with an inspiring team, where every contribution matters.
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has an opening for a Quality II position located in the Corinth, MS facility. As a Quality II you will work with cross functional groups across the business in one of the following areas:
- Lean Agent
- Quality Gate Inspector
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced, safety and quality focused environment
- Operator should have attention to detail and be self-motivated
- Operator will work in a team environment
- May be responsible for leading/helping PST activities/meetings and daily sort meetings
- May be responsible for tracking and reporting defects for their area of responsibility
- May also work with cross functional teams to identify root causes and implement corrective actions to mitigate future risks
- May also be asked to lead and/or assist other people or quality- related initiatives, as defined by their leader
- May require use of Mag equipment and certification
- Candidate may be required to interpret blueprints and utilize Factory Process/EPIX/MES (BIQ System) / PinPoint as needed
- May perform Quality Gate Check List (MES / Pinpoint)
- Candidate is expected to understand torque requirements and processes
- Operate hand tools, cordless tools, gauges, vibration tools
- May be required to use an overhead hoist to move large components
- May require loading and unloading parts
- May require utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts, overhead cranes, and/or electric pallet jack to move parts in and out of area
- May require wearing a respirator suit to clean engines and components
- May perform order filling, processing, storing/ picking of parts, materials, equipment, and supplies
- May require operating automated packaging equipment
- May require checking incoming core/material and entering data
- Cross training in other positions up to and including salary grade 4 may be required, based upon basic qualifications and physical requirements being met.
- Examples of positions within the salary grade 4 include Cleaning 1, 2, 3, 4 Disassembly 1, 2, Assembly 1, 2, 3 Machining 1, 2, 3 Logistics 1, 2 and Quality 1.
- Utilize various computer systems including email on a regular basis
- May be required to work in ETQ System.
- May perform static torque checks as required
- Candidate will work in an environment without close supervision
- Basic computer experience (ability to read standard work documents and enter data)
- Required to read/write and interpret documents
- Previous experience inspecting and qualifying parts based on established guidelines
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Prior use of hoists
- Knowledge of engines and components
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous forklift experience
- Previous inspection experience
- Previous experience reading and interpreting blueprints or electronic visual aids
- Experience with tooling (hand tools, air tools, pneumatic tools, etc.)
- Experience with ETQ
- Experience with Pinpoint / MES
- Experience with ISO / CQMS Auditing
- Job may be physically demanding at times and must be able to handle high volume fast-paced operation
- Some positions will require forklift operation/training
- May work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- May walk, squat and bend for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Must be able to wear proper PPE
- May require respirator physical and training
- May be required to lift/push/pull heavy parts up to 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10+ hours per shift
- Must have a flexible schedule
Job Bid Eligibility Requirements:
- Any current agency workers applying to this position must have worked the required 60 days to be considered as well as meeting all requirements for the position.
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
Starting hourly pay rate of $18.70 (pay negotiations based on skills/experience)
This position is 2nd shift with an additional 7% night shift premium
Work Hours: 3PM - 1AM; Monday - Thursday
40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid holidays
Climate controlled work environment – most areas
100% 401k match up to 6% offered on day 1 of employment
Health, dental, vision, & life insurance offered on day 1 of employment
Quarterly bonus program
Potential annual performance increase
Clean/safe work environment
Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
All eligible candidates MUST pass the following pre-employment screenings before they can be hired to any Caterpillar position:
- Background Screening
- Drug Screening
- Post-Offer Medical Questionnaire - clearance from Corporate Medical
Check out our Caterpillar Remanufacturing facility by clicking the link below:
Please ensure you frequently sign into your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers .
Keep a frequent check on emails as correspondence will be sent to the email that you used to apply with.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .