JOB SUMMARY: Support various accounts receivable management efforts. As a result of higher skill levels, may be involved in training less experienced individuals in the customer services area.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Provides administrative support for the Collections group. Prepares invoices and other miscellaneous forms and letters and responds to various collection requests.
2.Collection related inquiries may include calculating buyout requests, working with Treasury to correct misapplied payments, waiving late charges, answering tax and payment related questions, solving invoicing problems and making changes to contracts in the leasing system.
3.Be able to respond to credit reference inquiries and loan balance confirmations submitted by auditing firms, which may involve using CQS to confirm interest paid and principal balances.
4.Maintains various logbooks and spreadsheets for tracking customer services volume and performance.
5.Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
6.Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills.
2. Knowledge of and ability to calculate casualty values and amortization schedules.
3. Ability to display a courteous and helpful attitude when answering customer service-related questions.
4. Advanced knowledge of the leasing and collections systems.
5. Knowledge of and ability to prepare and maintain spreadsheets.
6. Knowledge of CFSI and Caterpillar dealer processes.
7. Advanced knowledge of finance/leasing products, policies, and procedures.
8. Knowledge of billing and invoicing procedures.
9. Knowledge of financing principles.
10. Demonstrated ability to perform general office tasks.
11. Ability to be a committed student of the business seeking knowledge and experience that benefits current performance and prepares for future advancement.
12. Ability to nurture a strong working relationship with fellow employees, headquarters personnel, territory managers, CFSI customers, and dealer personnel.
13. Ability to work efficiently guided by the priorities set by management; strive for continuous improvement in performance of duties.
14. Ability to work together with colleagues to achieve regional office objectives without losing perspective of overall CFSI goals.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Three years graduation certificate is required and a minimum of 2 years accounts receivable, customer service or office experience is recommended.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .