At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee, including our Global Tax team, moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe.
As a Tax Accountant II in the U.S. Tax Reporting and Analysis group, you will be responsible for aspects of the U.S Consolidated Federal Income Tax return. This experienced tax professional will be a valued member on a team that performs complex compliance and provision activities, leads and/or supports special projects, and provides support for the IRS income tax audit.
You will have the opportunity to expand your direct income tax experience in multiple U.S. tax technical areas as well as having great opportunities for career progression. The role will challenge you to combine technical and business knowledge to complete a high-quality work product, adapt to a rapidly changing legislative environment by documenting compliance positions and demonstrate critical thinking skills through the implementation of controls and analysis.
Your job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Tax Compliance Management:
- Prepares U.S. International and Federal compliance computations.
- Liaises with technical specialists to ensure appropriate preparation and review on technical or higher risk areas.
Tax Planning Support & Special Projects:
- Analyzes and interprets proposed changes to US and regulations with regard to the impact on compliance requirements, requiring in-depth experience, knowledge and judgment.
- Applies tax research results to optimize enterprise tax effects.
- Participates on process improvement projects.
- Participates on teams within or outside of the US Tax Reporting and Analysis group on Global Tax initiatives.
IRS Audit Support:
- Provides analysis for US tax audits and develops responses to inquiries from taxing authorities.
- Bachelor's level degree related to Accounting or an approved certification (CPA/CMA)
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible tax or accounting experience at Big 4 public accounting firm and/or large multinational organization
- Strong U.S. tax compliance experience
- Experience with tax processes/systems/software (CorpTax, SAP BPC, Excel)
- Proven ability to manage projects
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative, good judgment, and superior communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented personality with the ability to build and foster relationships throughout the organization
- Understanding of accounting and business processes, and enterprise operations
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .