Career Area:Human Resources
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
To manage and contribute to the development and administration of human resources policies and procedures and be actively involved in the joint strategic leadership of Division issues.
- Provide direction and guidance to all levels of employees on HR policies and procedures, ensuring consistency. Actively participate as a functional manager on business team ensuring human resources is an integral part of the business strategy. Keep employees, managers, general managers, and leadership members advised on changes. Play an integral part in the facility Employee Insights (EI) results through integrating cultural values in the day-to-day business activities.
- Provide direction to Facility Management in interpretation and application of employee-related policies, practices and procedures, as well as international laws if applicable, governmental regulations, and internal investigations to enhance consistency and maintain and improve the work environment of the facility. Provide employment and personnel services including hiring new employees, administering benefits, providing appropriate training, and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Provide directives considering impact upon the company (financial), employee engagement, and consideration for the future (new practices, policies, and procedures). Support and maintain regional point of contacts for competitive businesses for local wage and benefit surveys to be conducted. Research, benchmark, create strategic initiatives, and design implementation strategy to improve business unit results in the facility. Formulate and/or implement policies, practices and procedures related to employment practices, appropriate training, benefits, and safety.
- Coordinate programs for management recruiting, selection. Develop and coordinate, training, development, and promotion to ensure proper and effective staffing, personnel selection and practices, manpower planning and succession planning, skills development, training, policy & practice interpretation and application. Assist managers in addressing individual and organizational effectiveness issues and compensation administration. Position will function as the Human Resources lead contact for the defined unit, determining and providing services directly or from specialized support groups.
- Manage a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where some review of subordinate work is required as well as training, developing and mentoring. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Typical internal customers include the employees at all levels in one or more facilities and/or Divisions. The position often confronts complex issues or problems, which require careful analysis and diagnosis. Problems are often unique and solutions can require original approaches. May modify existing approaches or develop new solutions. Sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Establishes quality standards consistent with overall quality goals. Impacts key quality goals including Customer.
- Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, and Process Quality. Position serves as facilitator for the analysis and development of new quality initiatives in the measure(s) stated.
* Travel required is limited to moderate, 5-20% of working time.
- Extensive background in the following human resources areas is typically required: labor relations, employee benefits, compensation, employment practices, employee development, and training with a working knowledge of operations.
- Typically requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience, and in addition, nine to twelve years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Needs to consider both traditional and non-traditional approaches to human resource management.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits along with the potential of a variable bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .