Career Area:Administrative Support
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Job Location: Bangalore, KA-India
A project management professional committed to delivering programs on-time, within budget and to specification by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally accepted program and project management methods, techniques, tools, and training. Provides expertise in specific areas of program and project management processes to ensure the most efficient implementation of projects and programs in support of the Global Finance Services Organization strategy and operating model rollout.
- This position is the role of a fully capable project management professional. The incumbent has project management experience. He/she manages projects that are moderately complex in nature, and will require some supervision. This is a staff position that requires a foundational understanding of program and project management tools & processes. The incumbent will have the ability to facilitate project teams, will lead chartering sessions with assistance, will develop network diagrams, and will help lead integration & compression sessions. Work assignments may be specialized in nature but may also require some coordination between other staff personnel needed for larger and more complex programs.
- Specific work assignments may be as follows: Coordinate with Program Managers in scheduling and support program control meetings &compression sessions. Incumbent has the ability to make schedule changes/corrections during control meetings and compression sessions. Supports Program Manager in facilitating update meetings, maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers/FMEAs, scope change requests/logs, program work plans, and provides workshop planning, execution and follow-up assistance. Capture and publish meeting minutes as needed.
- Create accurate and detailed schedules with occasional follow-up by Program Management Supervisor. The incumbent captures project information, and with periodic assistance from the project team interprets, identifies relationships between activities, analyzes data from schedule updates, and works with project team members to resolve logic errors. Helps explain changes due to updates; will occasionally recommend actions to resolve schedule problems, and updates plan accordingly based on actions taken by team to resolve schedule problems.
- Conduct detail-planning meetings with some supervision. The incumbent possesses the ability to work with functional areas to develop their detailed activities and schedule. Provides recommendations to project team needed to increase accuracy of program and project schedules, provides guidance to team in understanding and following program and project management standard processes, and works daily with team members to emphasize the importance of the program schedule to be successful in implementing on time, with in cost, and at the required quality targets. Provides administrative planning and follow-up for program team, steering committee, and governance review meetings.
- The incumbent must be able to interpret and transfer work breakdown structure (WBS) into project management software. Interpret & communicate Voice of Customer (VOC) and Voice of Business (VOB) needs. May create report packages and communicate or post program or project status, may also include maintenance of a program SharePoint site.
- Four-year college or university degree
- Three to five years of progressive job-related experience in Accounting, Program Coordination or Project Management
- Experience creating detailed work plans within a PM software including duration-based activities, resource forecasts, and scope.
- Very effective interpersonal skills including team leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and strong analytical and organizational skills.
- College or university degree accounting in a domain related to management, economics, or technology.
- Certification in Project Management - PRINCE II, PMP, Agile.
- Professional training in project management software.
- Professional training on techniques for leading and facilitating meetings.
- Previous Green Belt experience.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .