Our common values and focus on inclusion and respect drive the decisions made by our company, teams and people. This is why we are committed to hiring and building diverse teams representative of the customers we serve globally. When you join our team, you can apply your unique life and job experiences and work in an environment where your ideas are heard, your contributions are celebrated, and your whole-self matters.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
About Cat Financial
Cat Financial is a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For more than 40 years, Cat Financial has provided a wide range of financing solutions to customers and Cat® dealers for machines, engines, Solar® gas turbines, genuine Cat parts and services. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, Cat Financial serves customers globally with offices and subsidiaries located throughout North and South America, Asia, Australia, Europe and Africa. Visit cat.com to learn more about Cat Financial.
- Support various accounts receivable management efforts for Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation’s (CFSC).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes lease option financing requests, modification/refinance requests transfer and assumption requests.
- Contacts customers to discuss and ultimately finalize the sale or return of equipment on finance leases (excluding operating leases). Makes an attempt to sell the customer on financing their purchase option. If the customer opts for a cash purchase, notifies other staff that a sales invoice needs to be faxed to the customer.
- If customer opts to finance their purchase option, negotiates with the customer the structure and pricing of the financing, quotes the financing, conducts due diligence, makes credit decisions within authority, executes documents within authority and books said financing in the leasing system.
- If customer desires to return the equipment, ensures the equipment is returned to the nearest Caterpillar dealership in a timely fashion. Once the machine is in the dealer’s yard, notifies Remarketing that the asset needs to be inventoried. When applicable, ensures the calculation, invoicing and collection of overuse charges from the customer.
- Performs loan and lease quotes, credit investigation, financial statement analysis, collateral evaluation, credit decision (within authority and makes recommendation when customer exposure is beyond established credit authority) and execution of documents for all lease service processes.
- Follows established procedures for performing basic accounting duties. More specifically the inputting of financial data associated with option financing and/or refinances into our leasing system.
- Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the unit. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data.
- Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
- Understands the Harassment policy of the company and for its application in all aspects of employment.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply human relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze customer credit applications.
- Demonstrated ability to read/analyze customer payment histories.
- Advanced knowledge of financing and taxation principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to calculate payments and create amortization schedules.
- Knowledge of CFSC documents.
- Ability to analyze and understand various business reports pertaining to the sale of Caterpillar equipment.
- Knowledge of the industries served by Caterpillar.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information.
- A general understanding of leasing and quoting systems such as FinancExpress and CustomerExpress.
- A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline and a minimum of 2 years exempt experience in credit, customer services, collections, marketing, financial statement analysis and/or related discipline is recommended.
- Previous work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills, and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached.
- Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .