At Caterpillar, we work to help our customers build a better world. Without our team of talented, bright, and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work those matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Logistics Operations Manager.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, Segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services, and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
Through it all, we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Learn more about the Caterpillar Experience
Our team is currently looking for a talented individual to fill the role of Logistics Operations Manager at our Clayton, OH DC/IPC (Inbound Processing Center). The DC/IPC plays an important role in preparing Caterpillar products for entry into our parts distribution network. As a Logistics Operations Manager, you will have an opportunity to manage all aspects of the DC/IPC operation on your assigned shift, including responsibility for People, Quality, Velocity, and cost performance. Your team will include 2 to 4 supervisors, 2 to 4 support employees, as well as an hourly workforce of up to 150 employees.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for training, developing, and mentoring, all personnel issues, and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Monitoring and managing key performance criteria.
- Developing medium term strategic plans and direction.
- Responsible for safety/environmental compliance.
- Training and development direct and extended team
- 8+ years progressively responsible job-related experience
- 5+ years of direct leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following: parts distribution operations, safety and/or quality functions
- Candidate must be willing to Work Alternate Shift Schedule
Top candidates will also have
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- EWM/SAP system experience
- Experience with Lean manufacturing
This position does not offer relocation
This position requires 5% or less travel
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers . #Li-onsite
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .