We are building the future.
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
Caterpillar’s Electrification & Advanced Power Solutions (E&APS) Division will focus on delivering advanced electrified power train, zero-emissions products/technologies, and the solutions and services associated with these technologies. Focus areas include batteries, fuel cells, motors, inverters, micro grid controllers, charging, energy storage systems, lifecycle solutions/services and integration of components for ePowertrain solutions across industries.
We are looking for top talent to build and scale the next generation of technologies, products and services to help our customers build a better—more sustainable—world. We need self-motivated, intelligent and team-oriented individuals to make our plans a reality. Individuals with high emotional intelligence, humility and openness to discovery will thrive in the teams we are building.
Caterpillar’s Electrification & Advanced Power Solutions Division (E&APSD) is looking for a Senior Design Engineer responsible for the design of electrical and power electronic systems. The incumbent will design, analyze, validate, and implement complex electrical systems within fuel cell power system solutions. In this critical role, you will have the opportunity to leverage your electrical component design skillset to drive the development of innovative fuel cell powered solutions to help us continue the advancement of our electrification strategies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the design of electrical and power electronic components for current and new fuel cell powered solutions from concept to production within the context of NTI (New Technology Introduction), NPI (New Product Introduction), or CPI (Current Product Improvement)
- Utilizing a robust problem solving and implementation process to resolve and improve designs
- Evaluating and optimize designs using simulation tools or fundamental first principles calculations
- Collaborating with suppliers on design and manufacturability to meet time and cost targets
- Contributing to the development of Fuel Cell Power Systems Design FMEAs
- Providing support and guidance to colleagues responsible for portions of the product to ensure product requirements and development schedules are met
- Protecting Caterpillar’s intellectual property
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Engineering program
- 3 or more years of progressive work/academic experience on the design and development of electrical system integration.
- Proficiency with Creo (or equivalent CAD software) and PLM software (Teamcenter or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Engineering Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Demonstrated experience in designing or selecting electrical components for power electronics circuits for Fuel Cell Power Systems.
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of complex engineering concepts and applications
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well in other units, customers, and suppliers
- Self-starter with strong technical skills
- This position is located in Mossville, IL, Lafayette, IN, Griffin, GA or Tucson, AZ
- This position is a hybrid role, providing flexibility but ensuring opportunity to collaborate in an office environment.
- Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
- This position may require travel up to 10-20%
- This position will close on Sunday, April 2nd at midnight.
Your Work Shapes the World
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Employee Benefit Details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers .
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .