Career Area:Human Resources
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
In your role as a Recruiting Intern, you will provide administrative/operational support throughout the recruitment and on-boarding lifecycle in accordance with the recruiting guidelines, policies and regulatory requirements for the applicable region and business. You will process and coordinate recruiting and staffing programs and activities related to the attraction, selection, hiring and on-boarding of talent into Caterpillar.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate a high volume of complex phone, virtual and onsite interviews, organize travel arrangements for candidates, reserve conference rooms, coordinate scheduling with administrative assistants and provide confirmations for the candidates
- Deliver a high level of communication between recruiters, hiring managers, candidates, and other stakeholders
- Contribute to projects that positively impact the recruiting team
- Attend Career Fairs
- Provide administrative assistance to the recruiting team including generating required letters and documentation for prospective candidates, creating job postings etc.
- Oversee/coordinate offer letters, contracts roll-out process, background/reference check process, security clearance and other pre-hire/transfer activities.
- Prepare, track, and report on metrics and measurements to help recruitment leadership for country and region respond within our internal tools and ATS (Workday)
- Responsible for initiating reimbursement process
- Responsible for initiating relocation process
- Register employees for orientation
- 4-year college or university degree in progress (2.8 GPA or higher)
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage their time efficiently
- Remarkable customer-service focus, with strong verbal and written communication
- Empathetic understanding of the candidate process
- Proactive, responsive work style with ability to multi-task effectively in a matrixed team, high attention to detail, and the ability to think critically
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of working with web/computer-based applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to complete tasks on time
- Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders work flexibly with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, an excellent team player with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Start date: May 15, 2023
- Location: Peoria, IL; Dallas, TX
- 25+ hours a week year around
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .