Career Area:Environmental Health and Safety
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
About SPM Oil & Gas
SPM Oil & Gas, a Caterpillar company, provides superior products and service solutions to make our customers more efficient and lower total cost of ownership. Globally, we deliver engineered oilfield and drilling equipment repair and certification, mechanical and rotating equipment repairs and upgrades, rapid prototyping of spare parts, robust asset management, operation and maintenance and field engineering services. We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering and service locations worldwide. Join our team and help build engineering solutions that change the industry.
We are currently looking for a EHS Specialist and can be located in various locations. The EHS Specialist serves as an experienced, individual contributor on Environmental, Health and/or Safety (EHS) projects and assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar facility performance and compliance.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors EHS performance and recommends priorities and actions for improvement.
- Reviews new products, equipment, and processes for potential risks and recommends modifications before introduction.
- Collaborates with employees and supervisors to identify and mitigate EHS risks.
- Develops standards and work practices with line personnel and monitors conformance through EHS inspections.
- Assures compliance with organization and government EHS standards.
- Performs EHS audits.
- Completes or reviews reports for submission to the EPA or OSHA.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 to 7 years of EHS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Must have ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- The primary location for this role is Muncy, Pennsylvania but can be located in Sayre, Pennsylvania; Burgettstown, Pennsylvania; or Buckhannon, West Virginia.
- Travel can be up to 40% of the job.
What You Will Get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better more sustainable world.
Here you earn more than just a salary. Because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day-one benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus program
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
- Strong community involvement
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers #LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .